Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Phoenix area machine shop recommendations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thehazmatguy, Apr 12, 2016.

1. I just finished disassembling my first flathead and now I need a machine shop. I cold called both SoCal and Patrick's and they both suggested Morrison Auto Machine. At Second Saturday, Frank at SoCal said that Morrison's "flathead guy" has left. Morrison would probably still get my business but they are several months behind on work and recommended I go elsewhere. They suggested a guy named Ed at Five Star Engine. I have no experience with Five Star but I was under the impression they mainly do low cost replacement engines? I also had a friend recommend a guy named John at King Balancing.

Photo for no reason at all:

[​IMG]

2. verde742

verde742

try Blake Machine.. Dave.

send him a message of what you want, very knowledgeable,

[email protected]

need louvers ? and thehazmatguy like this.
  3. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

I've got a 5 Star 350 which I am happy with, but I haven't heard them mentioned in the same breath as flathead. I would have suggested Morrison's but sounds like that ship sailed.

thehazmatguy likes this.
  4. I'd like to think they are still in the running. I've got other stuff I could do to eat up a few months wait.

5. mopacltd

mopacltd

Put Morrison Machine on the list. They are doing 2 motors for me know and have done many in the past

6. Hardrider77

Hardrider77

Had a dodge 440 from 5 star. Was dead from poor build in less than a year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. I used Bailey's out in Mesa many times in the past. Done some odd stuff for me like Mopars, etc. Don't know if they do flatheads, but worth asking.

8. verde742

verde742

blake machine..

9. Thank you for the help!

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'm gonna recommend Blake machine as well. Thing is, it's sometimes hard to even get in the door. Talk to Dave, and if you have a tough time, tell him Chip sent ya.

The other one I haven't heard mentioned is Chuck's speed center up on Weldon. Awesome facility, and Lance who manages the place is great to deal with. Flatheads and such isn't their daily bread, but Chuck is still involved around there and definitely of of the era that he has done more than few. He's one hell of a good guy too.

thehazmatguy likes this.
  11. rodkent

rodkent

Chuck gets my vote!

need louvers ? likes this.