Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2016 H.A.M.B. Drags: Registration & New Hotel!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

2016 H.A.M.B. Drags: Registration & New Hotel!!!!

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Tim likes this.
  2. Is the Holiday Inn closed down? Having that convention center parking lot next door was nice for tech and all the race trailers, but I'm sure a good time will be had by all at the new(old) location. Now I just need to see when the first day of school is! (I'm a teacher)

3. atch

atch

Are "Ryan's people" invited?

Got my room and sent my registration info; see you all there.

EDIT: registered!!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  4. The Holiday Inn has changed hands and is now the Hotel Joplin. Just checked their site, looks like it is soon to be a Double Tree by Hilton. Must have changed owners again.......

5. alchemy

alchemy

Will the Quinta host the AA convention on the same weekend, like they used to?

6. We stayed at the laQuinta for the first time last year and almost didn't want to leave the room it was so nice!

7. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YEA!!!!

See you in August. Should be driving something cool again too....

-Abone.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    NoSurf likes this.
  8. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One more thing...all things considered, we really have been pretty well behaved the last few years. The Holiday must be pretty damn uptight to give us the boot. (again)

Even the AA members seemed to forgive us..... ( but that one wasn't really our fault anyway......OK, maybe it was...)

-Abone.

9. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

It was obvious last year that we had worn out our welcome at the Holiday Inn and Residence Inn complex. The convention center parking lot was off limits to us after 6 years of parking and partying there. Things were pretty laid back last year in the motel parking lot, but in 2014 I remember the motel manager coming outside to see what all the ruckus was about. He had the most horrified look on his face! Such hooliganism! I told my buddy that our time at the Holiday Inn would be soon coming to an end. Later that night a nitro dragster fired up in the parking lot. Ahh, good times.

10. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I loved the Residence Inn I didn't think they had any issues with us, but I could see the Holiday Inn having issues. It's probably a good thing that lower parking lot at the convention center was closed to us too, because it ended up about 3 feet underwater. I called and cancelled my rooms I had already reserved at the Residence Inn yesterday.

11. MRpants

MRpants
    from pea ridge

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

@Ryan - The phone number for LaQuinta that you have listed on the HAMB Drags website is wrong (427-781-0500). Correct number is: 417-781-0500. Just called to make a reservation.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm on it. Thanks Nick.