Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Chelsea Auto Parts Coupe re-build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jefscoupe, May 7, 2012.

1. dniemi

dniemi

I just read the whole build and love it. It is going to be a beautiful coupe I am sure when it is done.

2. Glad that you made connections with Paul! He's been a long time friend who I really make it a point to catch up with when we get back in town. Always something of interest going on at his place! Flatties, Donovan bangers, cackle fest cars, Allards, past Bonneville record holder with a blown flattie, it's never ending! He's a low profile national treasure.

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

Excellent work. Waiting all these years has paid off in better skills.
    You know someone is gonna suggest going back to the original firewall next. :)

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My '27 Hiboy tub has gone thru the same changes...354 Hemi replaced the Olds I had set up, then a SBC to just 'get it running'! Now, my lifelong bud has given me a 59L flathead, so the tub once again has a stock firewall, (one of the things I missed most!)
    LaSalle box has given way to the trusty old '39 Ford... Sure is fine! :cool:

5. jefscoupe

jefscoupe

Once again the "sidetrack demon" has knocked me off course.
    But here is the latest.
    Not sure why some of my previous pics have decided to not show up.
    Anyway, I got the block back from Paul Kosma and put it together.
    After two sets of head studs to get the right lengths, a couple other extra length studs and two generator mounts, I got it set up.
    IMG_3713-small.jpg
    I got the alternator that looks like a generator for it as well (Powergen?).
    Aluminum flywheel (Fidanza) going on now. I'm working toward getting the clutch, hydraulic throw out and all sorted out so I can bolt the TKO up and set the whole she-bang back in the chassis.
    A new trac-loc with 3.70 gears is waiting to go in the rear housing.
    I'm trying to get it together enough to take it to the Rodder's Reunion here Oct '17.
    It probably won't be running, but enough to let the fellas see it.
    Body is back off the chassis so I can do some body work as well as some chassis rework.
    The Walker radiator I bought 20 years ago for an OHV engine is back to them to have the top and bottom tanks replaced for the flathead.

charleyw likes this.
  6. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Glad to see you are still at it.

7. Lookin' good man!