Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 57-60 f100 seats?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tobyflh, Apr 9, 2016.

1. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

Can anyone get me the width of an original seat for 57-60 f100 seats. Found a set of seats out of a 67-68 mustang and wanted to compare to two. The truck came without any seats so I have nothing to go by. Thanks for any help.

2. verde742

verde742

roll down the window, reach inside , measure between the doors, go look for nice seat.

EZ

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. 57 to 60 F100's were wide. Most anything should fit in there.

4. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Mustang seats are horribly uncomfortable

5. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

I know the seat will fit my concern is it being too narrow.

6. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

Sicspeed that's something I'll have to think about. The one thing I like about the seat is the arm rest flips up to be a third seat.

7. Sounds like you've got one of those optional Mustang/Cougar bench seats.... That third seating spot really is horribly uncomfortable and the seat will be a bit too narrow. It also has a large 'hump' in the center to clear the trans tunnel. Ford did install 'standard' Mustang bucket seats in the '68-72 Ford trucks as an option, but these used special seat risers and usually had a large truck-only 'console' between them that was sometimes equipped as a third seat. Good luck finding one of those...

8. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

Steve that's the seat I'm talking about. I want the third seat for my son(6 yr old). The hump does not to seam to big but I was thinking about making a panel to hide it. I also would like to put seat belts in.

9. Well, I had one of those seats 'back in the day' and my kids hated it.... LOL. They'd fight over who had to sit there... loser got the front. Sell it to some option-crazy restorer, that's the best use for it...

I think most any Ford truck front seat up to about mid-late 70s should work. The main issue is the truck seats have 'thin' seat backs to maximize cab room, most car seats are too thick and push the seat forward too much. And IIRC, those 'Mustang' buckets that Ford did install in the trucks were modified slightly to allow the seat back to go vertical more without 'cocking', something the original Mustangs seats won't do.

10. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

After thinking about what steve said the price of the seat and the 2 hour drive one way I'm not going with the mustang seat. But I still would like to know the width of a stock seat.

11. verde742

verde742

then get one like this 58blue inter.png