Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. I will try again
    Hey Tommy, you chip off the old blocks, yeah both of them, nice roadster my friend.

tommyflathead likes this.
  2. :)Reliability run looks a freakout. 30-31 roadsters look grand on either chassis. Thanks for photos.

3. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

The last couple of weeks I have been finishing off the underside of the 3W. Only one more little thing to do under there. Apart from pulling the Muncie and putting a kit through it.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

So today I had a vehicle washing day and took some shots.
    Whoops, forgot to mention; I painted the firewall also. All the old ghastly brown has gone now.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Looking good Geoff, love you work...

6. This is a great shot Geoff. Your 3 window is getting more and more whodaky'd every week. Are you gonna re-stripe the firewall?

7. Wardog

Wardog

An impressive stable for sure. I've been meaning to say the wheels look really good on the F100, I like that truck.

8. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou all for the comments.
    No plans for striping the firewall, Fuzzybear. As regards to something you said previously. I don't know how I ever got along without the hoist. There is some much I have done on the 3W because of the hoist, that would have been almost impossible to do laying on one's back on the ground.

Geoff aka whodaky

9. Yeah I guess I've been spoiled, always having access to a hoist at work. When I have to do something at home without one it's a struggle. Can't wait until I have a bigger shed so I can put one in, will also help with doing cash jobs on the weekend for a little pocket money.

10. Nice work Whodaky, love the pic with the 5 window lurking in the background. Yeah, how us old blokes survived without a hoist, madness hey!! I still laugh every time I think of how many times I worked upside down in the mud or grass on them ol dirt cars when I was a kid in my shed which was a 12 x 12 auto tent complete with holes and tears all over ha ha.

Outback likes this.
  11. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

To all the friends on the HAMB that know Tony,
    I regret to say that Tony is recovering in the Royal Melbourne Hospital from a car accident suffered by Tony and his wife Rita last Sunday on the Princess Hwy in Western Vic. The VERY good news is that Tony and Rita are doing well. It will take time for them both to fully recover but thankfully they are both in a position to work hard from here and fully recover from there injuries.
    We will no doubt see them both soon, and hopefully we can get the big T to the Bogaloo I think it's called later this month.

davo461 and Drewfus like this.
  12. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Tom, please convey my thoughts to Tony and Rita, and please include all those Hot Rodders world wide, in offering them any support we can give, and that we wish them a speedy recovery.

Outback, davo461 and tommyflathead like this.
  13. yblock32

yblock32
    from Australia
    1. Cranksters

Yes well said Mark. Wishing Tony & Rita a speedy recovery.........

14. Wardog

Wardog

Wow. All the best Tony and Rita. Thanks for the update Tommy.

15. Hey Tommy thanks for letting us all know, I hadn't heard that news at all, obviously I wish them all the best and a speedy recovery and I will try and get up to visit them this weekend all going well.

16. tmf

tmf

Not good news at all. Speedy recovery Tony and Rita see you at the boogaloo Tony.

17. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Thanks guys, I'm sure the big T is reading this and no doubt enjoying your well wishes.

GaryD and all his room is level 7 south east room 55. He will have further surgery on Monday and will remain in until at least nex Friday. Hopefully home for next weekend.

Very big thanks to you all

18. redzula

redzula

Wishing them both an speedy and easy recovery.

19. Wishing both Tony and Rita a speedy and easy recovery.

20. Avgas

Avgas

That was a clanga Tommy, recovering is way better than the option, get cracking Tony & Rita, cheers from Canberrafornia the nations capital!

21. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Tom, Pass on my best wishes please.

22. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

Sorry to hear of Rita and Tony's situation. All positive thoughts and energy are sent to them both from the other side of the globe. God speed my friends!!!

23. flatoz

flatoz

Tommy thanks for letting us all know. I would have gone and seen Tony last week had I known, will pop in and see him this week. Hope both he and Rita make a speedy and full recovery. Im sure its been an awful time for the family.

24. Hey Tommy,thanks for the update, please wish Tony and Rita a speedy recovery, when the going gets tough the tough get going hey.

25. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Tell Tony and Rita I wish them a speedy and uneventful recovery.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Margaret and myself just got back from visiting Tony.
    He is of good spirits and all going well he will be having surgery tomorrow to have a plate inserted in his lower left leg to repair the break.
    The other night we talked to Rita. She was her usual self apart from being sore from bruising incurred from the collision.

Geoff aka whodaky

27. Thanks for the update Geoff, glad to hear they are doing as well as they both are.

28. Shit....give my best to T and Rita Tommy ..... Are they out of hospital yet?

29. All the best Tony & Rita. Terrible to read about this news. Get well!

30. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Hello guys Renee Allan here, Tony and Rita's daughter giving you an update on my parents journey, both are improving with each day and well wish message. Thank you everyone xx
    Mum is healing at home and getting more movement, still badly bruised but getting her to take it easy seems to be the challenge.
    Dad was scheduled to have further surgery to his leg today, and the doctors have adapted his surgery options for certain reasons, this will now happen Friday. Dad is happy as fingers crossed he will be air lifted to the Warrnambool St. John of Gods Hospital for a few days which will allow him to spend time with mum and the family, they haven't seen each other since the accident. He is loving the messages your posting, and anyone who wants any updates or to visit, the hospital suggested that you message either mum or myself, via Facebook (Rita Cassar) (Renee Allan) as it will be immediate family visits after his surgery or with family consent, please understand this hospital advice. I will aim to share updates as needed.
    We are so very lucky to be caring for our parents, and truth be told as if Dad would leave us in a Hyundai i30! So not his style!
    Below is a link to the accident article, as they are not wanting to re-live the story for obvious reasons.

http://www.standard.net.au/story/3827128/head-on-collision-near-terang/

RoddyB34 and Drewfus like this.