Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Newer Roto Faze re-curve

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xon, Apr 5, 2016.

1. xon

xon
    from detroit

Anybody have experience with the newer roto faze distributors???they are very different than other distributors...there is 3 weights with long springs for resistance and gears that drive the rotor above...I want the advance to come in quicker right know it comes in about 1800 distributor rpm and advances about 6-7 degrees up to about 3500 distributor rpm...I would like it to start earlier and be all in by about 2-2400 engine rpm...for all my effort I can't seem to figure out how to make the adjustments...or get more advance...thanks for any help....using an accurate sun distributor machine

53 built flathead with crower street grind cam thickston intake dual 94s

2. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

From what I understand, a Roto Faze distributor is a Roto Faze distributor.
    I talked to them about a year ago about working on a Stude version that I bought. It's a bit rough and asked them about spending some time on it. The "new" distributors on his table (antique drag race), looked just like my 30+ year old version...only cleaner..!
    Plus his electronic modules to take the place of the points now.
    I'd call them, about your questions...get the info you need from the experts.

Mike

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  3. xon

xon
    from detroit

Having trouble getting ahold of him...thought I might get lucky and find someone with experience with one..

4. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

I'll take mine apart, see what there is to see.
    Can't be too difficult.

Mike

5. xon

xon
    from detroit

That's what I thought....thanks for any help

6. xon

xon
    from detroit

I figured it out! The three weights have a small hex head screw in each for an adjustment stop and I just scientifically stretched out the springs and got it dead nuts first time.....