Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical RIGHT HAND DRIVE Wiring Harness

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, Apr 3, 2016.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Clueless as to why there would be a difference one side of the car from the other, but a RHD kit is offered. Bob

2. dt50chev

dt50chev

Wire length and routing will be different for a RHD vehicle. For example, length of wire from fuse panel to left rear taillight will need to be longer than if you had the fuse panel and turn signal switch on the left hand side of the vehicle.

3. Also it's the way God intended all cars to be built.

Proverbs 12:22 - Thou shalt not construct a Left Hand Drive vehicle in a style and manner which pertaineth unto the Frenchman for it is an abomination in eyes of the Lord..... ;-)

RICH B and tfeverfred like this.
  4. Yea but we are still a rebel colony. :D

5. Yes.... Damn George III and his Acute intermittent porphyria....

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never bothered to get a RHD kit. Just used a kit, never really thought about it . It's as simple as a little bit of solder and you are done. There really is no difference as I see it fuse box on the Rt still has to go to the opposite side lights etc.
    I think the storeman just hollers out " joe , another RHD order , so slap a RHD sticker on the box."

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  7. I have used an imported Rebel kit in UK vehicles with no problems at all.

8. BJR

BJR

Couldn't you just turn a left hand drive kit upside down? Or would the electrons run out the bottom.

tfeverfred likes this.
  9. Well any kit made here would be a rebel kit wouldn't it?

I would think that being as most kits have an over abundance of wire it would not make a lot of difference.

10. Pretty much ;-) Also domestic American beer tastes imported when we drink it here...

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is there a law that governs were you mount said fuse panel?

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I bet the warehouse shippers laugh their asses off, when they ship one out.

13. In a new car, it has to be put in the most inconvenient and impractical place possible.
    The RHD locally assembled imports here had the fuseboxes usually under the glove compartment (LH side).
    Our electrons run uphill as well.