Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Ya, but now it's $2000 more since I had to pay the dang shipping! It would make a great C/Gas car for SEG. ;)

loudbang likes this.
  2. Nice lookin' spot Ric, y'all can stretch out for sure! You know, now you're gonna have to trade somethin' for a tractor and bushhog.:D Spare time....what spare time.....

3. My new neighbors wife works for John Deere and already invited me to the Spring 2016 ride n drive sale.

62Furious likes this.
  4. PS. I know one of you delinquents (Scott), is gone take that last post of my mine and slap an X rating on, so carry on. I'm ignoring the bad voices this time.

30dodgeboy, loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  5. 62Furious

62Furious

Ric Nice homestead and that Dodge is bad a--
    Nice to hear you are getting along with yer neighbors.

6. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Nice Hot Rod Ranch Ric

Your gonna love that pole building a distance from the house. ( Momma dont visit it often )

But when she does there is lots of questions. :oops:

loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  7. powrshftr

powrshftr

I hadn't even thought of taking it that direction til you mentioned it....lol

Remind me to tell y'all the story about my buddy working on the ProMod motor on the dyno.
    It's some really funny stuff!:)

And Ric,
    Glad to see things are finally coming together Brother:)
    You definitely deserve it.

Scott

beebee78 and loudbang like this.
  8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You better buy stock in deodorant from where you came from but that will be good it will toughen you up.
    The old nopar looks sweet. Hope I can have something for you.
    And don't you be comin around here and strin shit up because we may just have to go back to skool.

loudbang likes this.
  9. You mean "scratching some gravel"?

10. That pole building is off limits! It's called "your shop" not "our shop"

62Furious and loudbang like this.
  11. Wow, great looking spread, make the most of it.

12. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look Jeff, no white letters! Dad spent the better part of the day today with a toothbrush and two cans of Non-Chlorinated CRC Brakleen!

20160402_152537.jpeg

loudbang likes this.
  13. looks SO MUCH better with the billboard lettering removed, and don't forget to do the front tires too.

14. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  15. loudbang likes this.
  16. pnevells

pnevells

M\T tires are not listed on the "Need to remove white List" are they acceptable as is,I have to compete with the wife for the camper that weekend , she has a horse show but we would like to try this event jalopy2.jpg

loudbang and Chucky like this.
  17. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

They would look better without...

powrshftr and 30dodgeboy like this.
  18. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Mickey Thompson didn't even make a true drag slick at the time we are trying to capture...he only made skinny super stock slicks with cheater grooves. M&H and also Goodyear were the only lettered slicks, and even the M&H non pie crust with white lettering is pushing the time frame.

19. pnevells

pnevells

Does my car meet the look of what you are trying to attrct to this event?

II FUNNY likes this.
  20. powrshftr

powrshftr

It's not my call to make,but I think that car looks awesome.

Spend 15 minutes with a rag and some brake cleaner and that thing is all kinds of cool:)

Scott

loudbang, 9sectruck and 55belairx2 like this.
  21. powrshftr

powrshftr

That is a really cool little Altered!:)
    You would have the time of your life at the Meltdown Drags with that car.

Generally,I have found that if something appears to be a gray area in the rules,just err on the side of caution,and stick with the general intent or theme of what the given rule seems to be.

These guys put their heart and soul into organizing this event and making sure it runs smoothly for all of us,so if there's any way we can accommodate their wishes,we gladly do what it takes.

Once you run this event you will probably never miss another one.It really is THAT good:)

Scott

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    loudbang, Dog_Patch, II FUNNY and 2 others like this.
  22. powrshftr

powrshftr

So I took off for a couple hours today,left Mama watching the Sprout,and drove out to the shop to try and catch up on some work on the car.

Finished bending and flaring my two sections of tubing for the line lock,got them installed,then gorilla hands here over-tightened a fitting,so I have to go back to see my buddy Big Rob at the parts store tomorrow.
    The lines look like they'll work ok though:
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459720885.578391.jpg

Also pulled the rear suspension apart,changed some things with the mounting points,got the ride height a little closer to where it needs to be,and got rear wheel openings marked out for where they will be getting a little slice:
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459720989.235704.jpg

Now it sits just about like I want it to.I just need to get those taller coils in the front to level out the stance a bit.
    If I can get it to sit just about like it does now,once the motor is back in it,I will be pleased.
    Springs won't need any more re-arch,longer shackles probably won't be required either.I can just concentrate on setting up my pinion angle with some wedges,and getting back on the electrical stuff,so it's ready when we drop the motor and trans back in here:)
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459721184.635202.jpg

Scott

23. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yep

pnevells likes this.
  24. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

That Fords looking mighty fine Scott, keep plugging on it. ( only 3 1/2 months left )
    What size tire and wheel did you end up with ?

How about a pic of your Dads coupe ? Will the Pony Pepper Shaker get scared if you take the cover off ?:D

Pulled a Captain Caveman on the brass fitting eh

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  25. powrshftr

powrshftr

Norb:
    Right now I've got 28x11.5-15's on it that Jon Tomkins was kind enough to give me,but I'm going to have to trade them for some 28x9.5-15's because the inside sidewall is almost rubbing the frame rails.
    They're on 8" steel wheels.

My Dad's coupe is a '41 Willys with a 402ci BBC and an automatic..
    It's black on a butterscotch colored leather interior.Its pretty slick.
    I'll post up some pictures of it as soon as I get back out there:)

Scott

loudbang, 55belairx2 and Tickety Boo like this.
  26. The Skairlane should be in color next weekend. I moved it down to my body shop 2 weeks ago and fit all the fiberglass parts and did all the body work on it. I got it in primer today got a few little things to Finnish up this week then I'll be painting the chassis and cage and next sat or Sunday I plan on painting the body. There are more pictures on the border bandits build thread the fiberglass took most of the time to get straight and fit.

Attached Files:

27. powrshftr

powrshftr

Damn Jeff!That things gonna look so pretty,people are gonna walk right into the sucker punch of that Cammer thinking "Awww,it's a show car,how fast can it be...?" Lmao!
    Man,I cannot wait to see that car run!:)

Congratulations on seeing all your hard work start to come together Buddy:)

Scott

28. loudbang

loudbang

This is getting good the closer it gets that 55 is going to surprise a LOT of people that aren't on the HAMB

29. bigslim55

bigslim55

RIC,
    Congratulations on you & your family's move to NC...! Can't be easy & a lot of work moving across the country! Your new spread looks relaxing & beautiful, congrats on seeing your dreams come true...! Plus that short Byron drive now! LOL...
    Jimbo...

loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  30. powrshftr

powrshftr

Also,when it comes to the motor.......
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459789717.782607.jpg

Scott