Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Now a proud owner of not 1 but 2 58 buicks....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saints, Mar 31, 2016.

1. saints

saints

Thats right went from "cant find one" to I bought 2. The white one is a Riviera special no title has engine and trans, pulled out of the car when bought. the blue one is running driving special. Im what my dad likes to say project poor :) I am going to use the 2 to make one bad ass car. the blue one was painted and reassembled by idiots with a lot of bolts not put back and a tons of trim loose without proper clips. I have always wanted and loved the 58 buicks so to say I'm excited is an understatement. So look for inquiring posts as I work the bugs out of the driver and as I use parts from the riviera to make a nice driver.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. saints

saints

3. Cool. The first car that I owned and drove legal was a '58 Buick. The 364 was a real motor.

4. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

That blue 58' looks real nice....great ''visual'' to it! It's nice that you have a parts car....might be hard to find replacement parts on some of the more detailed aspects if not. I think you did ''good''....it's fun to finally get the car ''ya always wanted''....life takes on a 'sweeter' outlook:D;)....been there myself!...funds come and go, but...you got the car!----hey, have fun!!!--- Ray

5. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Nice go on a pair of major land yachts.
    I mowed a guy's lawn for a year to get one of those. Dad blew a gasket but said he respected the idea I bartered for.
    That didn't mean I got to keep it though. I was 12. Sold it to a guy for $500.00.
    Screamin profit in 1970 when I mowed a lawn for .50..
    Look up "National Lampoon, Bulgemobiles".

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - good looking - must be strong as a tank with those bumpers, etc

7. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

This is one of those situations like a wedding when I'm not sure whether to offer congratulations or condolences. You have a driver but you'll likely be tempted to try having 2. Old cars are like wives because they can take all of your money.

michael knight likes this.
  8. After you get all the parts off the Riv, maybe the remains of the back could make a great couch or loveseat while the front clip could be either made into a trailer or the front cap sliced off and mounted on the wall of your man-cave.

9. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

Or maybe it could become someone elses project.....

10. saints

saints

Yea the drive behind the acquisitions was my grand parents had one and my dad learned to drive in a 58 buick. So my dad son project has instant memories.
    The rivi had a ton of options Im trying at this point to figure which car to make the driver. the blue one is a basket case although looks good the white(texas car) is a solid car but has bad rust in the drip rail area where the stainless was covering it. the tops of the chrome windows are eaten up pretty bad. its like trying to pick a favorite kid they both have there strengths

11. The hood makes a good bed cover for an F100. :D

12. belair

belair

If it's six of one and half a dozen of the other, I would build the hardtop.

13. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

It looks like they are both 4-door sedans. I'd build the Riviera and sell off the other one.

14. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Personally I like the hardtop, shave the handles and roll the windows down and they look outstanding. But hey not my decision have FUN and good luck! Joe

15. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

What part of Kentucky were they in? The blue one looks to be in a lot better shape than the white one. What does the interior look like? Got any pics of it? Good luck....

16. wicarnut

wicarnut

Congrats! Looks like between the two, you'll have enough good chrome and stainless to get one good car. The chrome and stainless bill on one of these beauties will make a wealthy man cringe. 58 Buick and Olds were the pinnacle of excess. We have a 51 Buick Roadmaster Sedan and fortunately the previous owner wrote the big checks for chrome/stainless, I only have some small pieces to finish up. Good Luck with your project !