Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Was guuna post a build thread..but

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pooch2, Mar 30, 2016.

1. pooch2

pooch2
    from Australia

Wanted to post progress build pic/s for perusal and advice and criticism from you fellow hot rodders .

BUT, Ryan's guidleline for this forum are period correct hotrods only.

Mine is a 28 A hiboy roadster with A chassis/ flathead/ 39 toploader and banjo wheel/ 35 wires, 4 inch drop I beam, BUT has disc brakes / a modern style diff (although hooked to an original transverse spring) /and a 'glass rear roadster section .

Will these 3 non period parts cause an uproar ?

2. Id say POST AWAY.....

Nailhead Jason and slack like this.
  3. Go ahead and post it,there are a lot of cars here with disc brakes, HRP

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  4. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Just post it in the general hamb forum rather than the traditional hot rod forum if your worried. Everyone will see it there anyway.

deadbeat and Hitchhiker like this.

5. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Post away I say. Mostly traditional. There are lots of modern rear ends in cars here disc brakes too. I will be running an alternator on my coupe.

6. slammed

slammed

Contact a moderator. Asking the general population is vague.

el Scotto and deadbeat like this.
  7. Sounds ok to me, just don't take close up pics of the non period correct parts, or that's what I've gleaned by reading far to much. Trad style is ok here.....
    As for disc brakes, they may not be trad, but the first disc brake designs were out before 1900.

8. Pete

Pete

Just post it!

There's tons of off topic or cars that aren't even close to meeting the "guidelines".

Post away, please I always love over seas builds.

9. Go ahead. All that can happen is it gets deleted. I doubt it will unless you put too much attention on the non traditional parts.

deadbeat likes this.
  10. mike bowling

mike bowling

No, No, No- better to seek forgiveness than to ask permission!!
    And I'm not vague, I'm just confused.

11. If I remember correctly, this forum, when the Hamb was revamped, became the place for "traditionally" styled cars that were not necessarily period correct. I may have the terminology wrong but it was something like that. I'd go ahead and post up some pics. Tim

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. clem

clem

Please post your build thread.

13. Post it. Don't sweat it. Sounds like your more on topic than quite a few of the builds on here.

14. Manager

Manager

I think you need an independant front end and or billet wheels before Ryan gets tipped over the edge.:)

15. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I'd like to see the particulars of the '35 wheels and disk brakes... people want to know.

mike bowling likes this.
  16. Pictures, or it didn't happen......
    See, now you have our attention, we all wanna see it.

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Waiting for the posts to begin.......................

18. pooch2

pooch2
    from Australia

Progress so far, a few changes to be made when pulled apart again, like raising the steering box a bit , and dropping the rear another inch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nightmoves, mike bowling and kiwijeff like this.
  19. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get rid of the carburetor fire starter, those foam "filters" can go poof! up in flames.

deadbeat likes this.
  20. slammed

slammed

Bruce Jenner is confused. Concerned. Yes, concerned.

21. Pooch2, nothing wrong with that, your doing a fine job.
    Some may pick at the little unperiod correct items, but they have the luxury of easier/cheaper items, where as down at the bottom of this rock, it's not as easy, and it's only minor things, like the air filter, an easy fix.
    You look like you have it all under control, the only crime here, would be to not post pics.
    Carry on Sir.

22. mike bowling

mike bowling

If you'd posted those pictures at the start of this thread, you would probably have gotten 100% positive feedback. Possibly 110%.
    That is one awesome looking project, and if that's not acceptable to the Hoodlums here at Planet Hamb, I'm going to sell my cars and take up golf ( and heavy drinking).----- ( maybe skip the golf part)
    That's a GREAT car, good for you!
    (but delete the air cleaner, looks "confused" on a '94' - Bruce) < joke

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    62hotcat, Bandit Billy and kiwijeff like this.
  23. I always say excuses are for losers, but sometimes, plain old BS can save the day, such as......

A Damn Funnelweb had made it's home in me carby, and I didn't have the fun vouchers, to buy the filter I wanted, so I found this thing in the corner. It'll keep them damn spiders out, till my new one arrives. :D

Nailhead Brooklyn likes this.
  24. Jeff34

Jeff34

Damn nice roadster! Love the RHD. you've got a great project going. Keep at it.

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I forget, is that right hand drive or wrong hand drive? Maybe up here it's wrong, down there it's right? Lookin good, keep punchin away.

26. ...cool roadster, what's the seat from?

27. TERPU

TERPU

Boy,

I admire your restraint and asking for permission. Speaks well for your character. Bitchin' car and the parts are part of the "traditional" process. Some aren't exactly what the dress up and play era crowd accept but man it's all working and you're doing it all. That's the Spirit of what it takes, at least for me.

But the real question is - Where did you get that kick ass Galormeter and can I find one for my T Touring?

kiwijeff likes this.
  28. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Looks ok to me, good work in progress..Good on the rear suspension looking like radius rods but actually being a four bar..Nice small seat, pr would work well in my Crosley..Air cleaner, replace when you get some thin better..

29. Well, your "foot" pedal is certainly traditional..
    Looks just like a hot rod to me.

30. That is what a REAL hotrod looked like in the '40s and '50s.

Ben

mike bowling likes this.