Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 60-66 Chevy c10 wiring harness

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spanky65, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Spanky65

Spanky65

I plan on getting a complete harness for my 65 c10, I don't want a universal kit. Painless is too expensive, I was looking at an American Autowire kit on summit for $500, has anyone used this kit before? It has a ton of good reviews. There's also a kit on classicparts.com that's $520, it doesn't show the brand or part number, I was wondering if it's the same harness as the one on summit. What's a good harness for a reasonable price?

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I would use AAW

Spanky65 likes this.
  3. RiffTannen

RiffTannen
    from Chicago

I used American Autowire on my 62 Biscayne, I highly recommend them. I used the stock OEM style harness which had all of the connectors already on it, where as the painless kit didn't. It was super easy to install.

Spanky65 likes this.
  4. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Look at Rebel Wire. They are alliance members.

El Caballo and Spanky65 like this.

5. Spanky65

Spanky65

Cool, thanks!

6. I have heard good things about American Autowire, but @Binger is correct rebel is an Alliance vendor and I have heard of them making vehicle specific harnesses for people who ask.

El Caballo likes this.
  7. Deadbird

Deadbird

I put a Rebel 9+3 harness in my C10. It's great and the price is right. Helped a buddy put one in his 68 C10 too. Rebel makes a high quality product at a very reasonable price and they always pick up the phone to help when you have a question. Pony up for the Alliance membership and buy Rebel.

8. American Autowire is the best, I have used them in several projects and happy with quality

9. Pinball Wizard

Pinball Wizard

I put a painless harness in my 64 C10. Quality is great, but it didn't have enough extra circuits for me, had to add an extra fuse block. Also had to change a few things around because of previous mods, like my fan relays that were powered off the horn relay, painless doesn't use that as a junction point. I didn't go with american autowire because their C10 kit uses factory style bulkhead connectors, which are troublesome and really unnecessary.

Chris

10. squirrel

squirrel

The factory bulkhead connectors work fine on a stock truck. but when you add more electrical accessories, they can become overloaded. Good point...

11. ^^^^ Note above^^^^ Are we "replacing" or are we re-doing?

12. mikeymike

mikeymike

13. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

I used the AAW kit in my mom's 58 Impala. It was great, factory wire colors, and connectors so easy to follow in manual. Was a little more pricey than others, but I am more than happy with it. If you can get a Rebel kit set up the same way using factory wire colors and connectors may be worth checking into. I have used one of their universal kits, the quality was very good and was not overly expensive.