Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Hows your project going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Uh, which one? They are all further along in my head than in reality. Have been focusing on my 3 window the last couple months, although more time waiting for parts than actual wrenching.

3W Larry GIF= Graphic Image File

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. Crankbox

Crankbox

lol ... looks about right. Maybe with the wife in the background looking on disapprovingly.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. clem

clem

Found this ironic,
    Any father knows that those cute little 3 year old girls will cost you more than any project car, by the time they're 21........

HOTRODPRIMER and volvobrynk like this.
  4. Clem,the kid is a boy,George Spanky McFarland,from the film series Our Gang filmed in the 20's, Most of us old farts remember this from the 50's on TV.HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. i will never finish all the projects i have lined up..............the honey-do list alone would make the "this old house" crew run screaming.

6. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Well, I have learned that sanding and polishing intakes may not be my cup of tea....

But they sure do look nice.....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. clem

clem

Thanks.
    As soon as I read your comment I remembered as a kid I saw those programs in the '70s
    Clemens.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Getting very close to being finished, as if it's ever really going to be finished.
    445.JPG

HOTRODPRIMER, Capt Chap and louisb like this.
  9. NAES

NAES

Down to the home stretch for Viva. 64 C10. Some light wiring, a new radiator, weigh it, register it and log a few miles before taking it through the California and Nevada desert. Next week will be a lot of hours spent in the shop.

NAES

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. Falcon H

Falcon H
    from Waco Texas

I think I'm starting to pick up steam. Giving myself a deadline (September) seems to really help!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. stimpy

stimpy

if it goes anyworse I will be going backwards , soon as I get money or time something pops up , or goes wrong , as soon as the weather breaks I hope to take some stuff to the recycler to get some more cash , but do to some things I will not mention I have to stay on hold at the moment . and I need to sell some stuff but not in the mood for craigslist dealings ( O/t parts)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Danny, thanks for the memories. Remember the "He-man woman haters Club" and wishing Cotton was a monkey? Funny stuff. Yum Yum Eat Em Up!!

HOTRODPRIMER and Bruce Fischer like this.
  13. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nothin to work on right now--finished a 40 for a guy two months ago. Went over both 40's for the season coming up. May help a guy shortly finish a 37 Woody if my back holds out--slower than I used to be. Looking for another 40 to play with.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. Like the tail lights. Poncho lights in a bucket of some sort?

LOL I built a green house for a fella once but he got busted. :eek:

HOTRODPRIMER and JOYFLEA like this.
  16. oj

oj

They are cowl lights off a big truck. Here's another couple pics, they were clear glass facing forward and red lens rearward. I turned them around, replaced the clear with the poncho and left the red lens to wash the gas tank sides. DSC00146.JPG DSC00147.JPG

HOTRODPRIMER and Dino64 like this.
  17. 2935ford

2935ford

My 1919 Dort touring "Hot Rod" is coming right along...........

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Cool idea. I wonder how many will ever figure out that it didn't come that way.

HOTRODPRIMER and oj like this.
  19. Dead Still at the moment..
    All I need is : '30-'31 "A" coupe body that I can afford
    Some '32 rails , crossmembers , etc
    Frt axle & rear end
    Steering , brakes, radiator..
    327 block & crank ,pistons,cam
    and a bag of cash to help the project.....
    All the rest I have !!!

HOTRODPRIMER and Blues4U like this.
  20. 1959 F100

1959 F100

Mine is going as well as it can, had to take carb off to have it cleaned, God only knows what that's gonna cost Me

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. I am looking forward to getting back in the shop again,all I have been doing is cranking the cars the last couple of months. HRP

22. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

I am hoping to have mine completed this Year (fingers/toes/crossed)-I am getting closer to Paint, but I am afraid how long it will be in Upholstery Jail-definitely making progress though-

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. exterminator

exterminator

Man-do you have the good life.The Phaeton and Hawaii! WOW

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Paying a shop to do the work I can't do, trying to get a title and registration for a 60 something year old car that apparently the state thinks I stole, considering I have to sell my soul to get it legal...as well as jump through flaming hoops, stand on my head and bark backwards...Every time I finish one thing, my task list seems to get longer and I keep telling myself I should have just bought an already restored car because it'd be cheaper and I'd be driving something by now! But hey, I'm trying to stay positive hahaha considering I haven't used it for target practice yet...patience is definitely a quality I do not have. I ain't got time for that!

P.S. - How you feeling HRP? Hope you're doing better!

HOTRODPRIMER and clem like this.
  25. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

To give you an idea, my car and I are in Wisconsin and my motor and tools are at my new place in Florida. One day we shall be reunited and sparks and noise will ensue!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Hmm.... Would it be inappropriate if I said I would pay to see that?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Hell, maybe if I did that I'd have more money for car parts! Then again I feel for all the guys with the honey do lists and the old ladies giving them grief...lol...I got it easy...Life is good...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Got nothing done over the winter,did not feel like smelling kerosene fumes so I decided to put off the work until it started warming up and when it did I got a nasty cold and then a couple weeks later a upper respritory infection so I felt like crap for a month so maybe next week I can get in the garage.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Got some stuff done on my 37, and got a big box from Summit of stuff to do. Got distracted by some life stuff, working on the garage instead of the car, and yesterday my DD truck broke a leaf spring shackle, so I guess that's what I'll be working on this weekend. At least the weather is starting to get nice.

30. texkbc

texkbc

[​IMG]. Have not worked on it since October . Put a floorboard in last weekend

HOTRODPRIMER, Capt Chap and Blues4U like this.