Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Ford 3 window FIND

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 383deuce, Mar 29, 2014.

1. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Beautiful car , but to my liking the best part is missing , fenders ! To each his own liking , it is top shelf on my display rack !

2. BOY! THESE TWO ARE A COUPLE OF GUYS I REALY RESPECT. THE TYPE AND STYLE OF HOT RODS THEY BUILD ARE OFF THE CHARTS. SO GETTING THESE NICE STATEMENTS FROM THEM MEANS A LOT TO ME........
    THANK YOU, JEFF AND GARY

loudbang, Jeff Norwell and big duece like this.
  3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

That's no shit...

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  4. 48bill

48bill

Great looking 3 window. You are a real craftsman.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I expect you to be cutting donuts in the dirt at greaserama ;)

loudbang likes this.
  6. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Congratulations! You are right in that there is no ride like the first ride... especially if you make it back to the house!
    Thanks for sharing the build and may you have many happy smiles per gallon!
    Al

7. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A damn fine automobile right there!

8. Well after some test miles on the 3 window it is running to hot for as cool as the temps are outside. Come July this would not work. So I am going to install an electric fan and shit can the old four blade fan that sets to dam low.

wedjim, hipster and loudbang like this.
  9. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Do you have room to put a pusher fan up higher in front of the radiator,and leave the mech. one? With no condenser, you should have room. I believe Marvin's roadster has a pusher.... and you don't see it either.

10. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Yes please don't completely give up on mechanical yet. What about building a cool shroud?

11. figure8

figure8

I used a Zip riser to raise the fan up on my '32 roadster and it works great.

Atwater Mike and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. I looked at the zips set up and thought about going that route. Dam! 250.00 bucks plus buying another water pump. Put a pusher fan at the top and it still runs to hot for me.
    Bought a puller fan today and mounted it and got it wired up......runs cool....so this is what I am going with for at least this summer as I can't wait to get it out on the road and put some miles on it.
    I still would like to run just a fan on the motor, so might have to redo some thing next winter.

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Awesome job and congrats Mr mayor!!!

hipster likes this.
  14. Thank's Andy (thunderbirdesq) If we get to race on the salt this year are you going to make the trip with us?
    Going over some things with Mr Bones to hook up with him and make the LARS this June.

15. UP-DATE....
    Been working on some of the small bugs and have them all taken care of as of today. Got the adjustable vac can installed and that lowered my timing at 2500 R's by -10 so it is now running at +38 at the 2500 RPM. Runs much better now.
    I can't get the dam smile off my face from driving this hot rod. Got little over 150 miles on it so far and it has been cold as hell here with snow in the forcast for tonight and tomorrow.
    Can't wait for it to warm up so I can put some big miles on it.
    NOTHING LIKE A NEW HOT ROD........

wedjim, loudbang and 509garyd like this.
  16. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Nothing like a new pic, eagh?

wedjim likes this.
  17. Nice one Dennis enjoy your new ride.

Cully

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  18. patman

patman

Very sharp car...congrats on finishing it, now go enjoy it.

...and I think it's time to update your avatar picture...

Runnin shine likes this.
  19. With the timing adjustment, did you find the operating temperature drop?

20. See the above post. The vac can was the big problem and with it changed everything got better.
    I learned something with this go around myself.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Well it is off to the glass shop this Wed. to get side and back windows cut and installed. Can't wait to have this done. I will have to remove the door panels and garnish molding tomorrow so it will be all ready for the glass man.
    Dam this thing is getting close to being a real driver at long last. As it will be 2 years tomorrow when I started this build.

Tim and loudbang like this.
  22. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Dennis, looks great. When I saw it last summer, I knew it was going to be a killer ride. Looking forward to seeing it in Des Moines in July. I have a snow white water pump/fan riser that I might part with in case you want to ditch the electric fan. It would not clear my valve covers and 3 deuce setup. Dale

23. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Dennis, would you mind telling me how much clearance your c-notch is giving you for the rear axle when the car is at ride height? I think your rear end is a touch lower than I'm after and I really would prefer to not notch my rails if it is possible to run it that way. This is mostly about aesthetics not labor or strength concerns. Wyatt

24. JUST RETURNED FROM ATTENDING A FUNERAL IN KC AND I WILL GET YOU SOME NUMBERS TOMORROW AFTER I PICK IT UP FROM THE GLASS SHOP.

Runnin shine likes this.
  25. davweed34

davweed34
    from New Jersey

26. Sorry I have not got back to you on this, but to tell you the truth I have been having to dam much fun driving the crap out of this thing.....It is a total blast from the past.
    I will get this done for you tomorrow. (I hope and if it is a nice day may-be the day after)

loudbang, Runnin shine and 509garyd like this.
  27. Wyatt,
    OK the wind blew like a banshee out of the south today so I just worked on some smalls, like door weather striping.
    I did get out the tape and check the "C" notch for you though. I have 3.5 inches from the top of axel to the top of the "C" notch setting at ride height. My notch is 2 inches into the frame.
    I have 1.5 inches from the top of axel to the bottom of the frame and I am sure this is not enough when you hit one of those killer interstate drop offs.
    If you need any more info let me know.

loudbang and Runnin shine like this.
  28. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Dennis made his way up to his hometown Salina, KS today for the first maiden voyage. About a dozen or so local guys got together and marveled over Dennis's car. You knocked it out of the park with this one. DSC09622.JPG DSC09623.JPG

29. Bigdeuce,
    Thanks for posting the photos and for making time out of your day to come out to Garys to check out my new ride. It was great to see a lot of my old buddies that I ran around with back in the old days. About the only thing that would have made it better is if Bob was still around to have been there. I think he would have liked it.
    Put close to 400 miles on it that day and it ran great with no problems the complete trip. Got right at 19.39 mpg on the trip home.

30. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

You got that right. The only thing dad or I would have changed was the name on your title. Can't ask for more mileage than that for a 300+hp early '60s 327 build!!