Register now to get rid of these ads!

NW/VR in the Southwest

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by 300racr, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Old28

Old28

Nice Front rims. Are they spindle mounts? What make? Where can they be had?

2. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

70's kawasaki kx650 wheels, we switched the bearings out to 3/4" axles and used spindles off the front of a micro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. bobw,
    soon I hope!!

4. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

Are you gonna chat about your recent race win in the back up car ? :D

5. SSHHHH Crosley,
    Don't want to get banned from here if they found out what I was racing.:rolleyes:

6. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OMG! I didn't know we could only have one toy! :eek:

Daniel Clark likes this.
  7. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

8. We had our first event of the year last weekend. 6 cars showed up 1 injected Flathead dragster, 1 Buick straight 8 powered digger, 2 Fords (1 N/A 250 powered & 1 turboed 250) and me in my O/T daily driver and 1 32" Chevy with a stout 250. The Buick lost oil pressure on the 3rd qualifying pass and bowed out,The Flathead dragster with new driver was making some good passes and the new owner was being cautious and decided to park the car and check things out before the next race. So that left me, the 32' and the 2 Fords. 1st round saw my Friends Gene Fiore in his 72' Maverick with a mild 250 vs. Walt Pearce in his 32' Chevy with a hot 250 (I was picking these 2 to be in the final as both are really good racers)Side note Gene was #1 qualifier as he was hitting repeated .07-.08 lights. Walt broke out chasing down Gene. The other pairing had me vs. my friend Kelly in her turboed 250 63' Falcon. I treed her and she broke out chasing me down at the top end. The final had me and Gene pairing up I took off with my best light of the day .018 and Gene redlit by .008 you'll have to check out the time slip for the numbers as we both broke out. I hated to win that way but in my eyes it was a close race. I had a blast and it was my 1st win ever. Look forward to the next event and running my rail.

[​IMG]
    Gene & Myself with our friends BUG Melissa
    [​IMG]

Walts 32'
    [​IMG]

Daniel Clark likes this.
  9. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

10. Thrashed to get some done on the car this past week .I had promised some friends I would have the car at the Tucson Dragwway reunion this weekend.Lots of little things still left to do but we're getting closer! Here's some shots while I tinkering with it yesterday.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

chessterd5 likes this.
  11. bobw

bobw

That sure is an attractive car.. Can't wait for you to start with performance reports.

12. Howdy all,
    Just a quick update on things, Haven't gotten much done since May on the car do to the heat & health issues etc.. Going in next Tuesday for arthroscopic surgery to take care of a torn and displaced meniscus in my left knee which has been plaguing me off and on all summer. Hoping to get back on the ball after recovery.Hope everyone else is doing good. Rich

13. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

14. Old28

Old28

Good Luck with the surgery and health issues.