Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features "Snoopy" Model A Hot Rod Survivor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Denns1989, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Love the song and video. Great story.

volvobrynk and Denns1989 like this.
  2. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Jer,
    It was great to see you at the Jalopy Jam Up with Snoopy! I am going ot share that song and video on the Jalopy Jam Up Facebook Page! Hopefully we see you guys again at the 2016 Jalopy Jam Up! Jay Tyrrell

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    Jeff Norwell and Denns1989 like this.
  3. Thanks for sharing the song Jay !
    I fully intend to be at the Jalopy Jam Up 2016 ! Best car event I have ever attended.
    You guys have the right recipe !!

4. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Good stuff man! I was so happy to see you pulling into the front gate of the show! One of my highlights of the year!
    Jay Tyrrell

Denns1989 likes this.
  5. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I just re-read the full thread, and I still love it!!!!!

It's the kind of car I wants to build, if I get a hold af a good a-bone.

This And the Ronald Larson 32 battle for first place in my heart.
    But there is something about channeled, non chopped SURVIVORS!

brad2v and Denns1989 like this.
  6. birdog

birdog
    from Monroe, UT

Such a killer car!

Denns1989 and volvobrynk like this.
  7. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man I sit here full of thanksgiving leftovers and read every line . It is neat that you found the car together before someone street rodded it . I found my old 32 after it was badly hot rodded and wreaked . But it is fun to bring them back to life. Thanks for persevering history my car had been channeled but they used oilfield tank plate and channeled it using bed rails and about 50 # of 6011 welding rods . I hope to find a old hot rod and restore it but they are becoming rare as hens teeth ! Your car tells a story I enjoyed reading this thanks .

volvobrynk and Denns1989 like this.
  8. Thanks very much, always happy to know Snoopy's story & my efforts to preserve it's history are appreciated !

volvobrynk and Tony Martino like this.
  9. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Jeremy, did you find a spot for the Mobil Gas Ring I sent you for Snoopy? Have a great day, Gary

10. Think I want it around the stem for the rear view mirror, seems like a good spot, just have to take mirror off to get it on there !

11. Forgot to mention, Awhile back I was over at the original owners house for a visit, his brother was there also & the original builder, we had a nice visit I got to hear some good storys about them and their car escapades from years ago.
    Right behing where I was sitting was the sewing machine machine used for Snoopy's interior, then I inquired if they had a particular reason for using a flathead as by the early 60's Small Block Chevy's & other V8's were becoming the more "common" choice - They looked at each other, laughed & said "the flathead was the cheapest rebuilt motor we could get at the time, that was probably the biggest reason" I liked the answer, makes sense ! Also if they hadn't used that driveline (especially that gearbox) the car probably wouldnt have had a failed gearbox & been parked - waiting for me !

Jrs50, Woogeroo, Model B and 2 others like this.
  12. belair

belair

Great- I just found this and now I have to go thru 33 pages of posts. I am not usually a fan of the East Coast look, but I love the story and this car just has something about it. It's "right", and that is all it needs. Great save.

Weezy1930, volvobrynk and Denns1989 like this.
  13. I have been on the lookout for a "spare" motor in case Snoopy needs a transplant or whatever in the future as I didn't have any spare flathead parts... this came up locally & now it's in our driveway, will be going to shop in the future...and yes its from a 49 / 50 merc ... & it has 8CM on the heads :)... hopefully it will be a good core was stored in a barn until he took it out to sell. Don't need the auto tranny & frame but I will keep the front frame section for a "run in" stand :)

Attached Files:

14. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Great find, I hope it is real good inside! Gary:)

Denns1989 likes this.
  15. Good score, but at the same time, hope you won't need it.

Denns1989 likes this.
  16. Isn't that the reason to have spares ? So you will never need them, but if you don't have them.. you will need them !

Woogeroo, brad2v, jocktherock and 4 others like this.
  17. NotSoNewKid

NotSoNewKid

Great story man! Maybe someone will have a story like this about my A when I'm dead and gone.

Denns1989 likes this.
  18. I suppose it's normal for an old guy to sit at the computer on Christmas Day and read every word of a 33 page thread about some guy finding an old hot rod stashed away for over 40 years. lol. Great story, I enjoyed it, and hopefully you will keep it going. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

19. Found the perfect spot - the shifter !
    Thanks !
    20160101_163043.jpg

WC145, brad2v, studebaker46 and 3 others like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Denns1989 likes this.
  21. WOW! This thread never lets me down!
    Another mile marker!
    Shows you that sticking to the plan really
    does work out!
    Congratulations yet again!
    PS, Hey Stogy, I bet Jer has no clue about Gomer!
    but I do!

SquintBoy, Stogy and Denns1989 like this.
  22. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

COOOOOLLLL SSSTTTTOOORRRYYYYY HAVE FUN ----:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Denns1989 likes this.
  23. Squablow

Squablow

If that's a Mercury frame, don't cut it up, they're fairly sought after and too many Mercs get wrecked with frame swaps. Just pull the motor and sell the frame as a roller, you won't have trouble getting rid of it.

Denns1989 likes this.
  24. I
    I'm sure its a Merc frame, previous owner showed me a picture of the car after he was done street rodding it, it was a beautiful 2 door merc.
    You have a point, once I get the motor out, I will see if anyone is interested, also see if anyone has use for the automatic transmission, carb & air cleaner, all that is no use to me either, happy if someone would have use for it.

Squablow likes this.
  25. A mild winter has an early spring here, had to get Snoopy out today, now I can say I drove him on Easter weekend (& I also was out Christmas Day) something you can't do every year up here :) Installed a 1.25" fan spacer my buddy's Dad made for me over the winter & then put the battery in, fired it up & took it around for a 20 minute ride - Purred like a kitten :)
    20160326_143922.jpg

WC145, AHotRod, Woogeroo and 17 others like this.
  26. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

27. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

FANTASTIC! Gary

Denns1989 likes this.
  28. crusty&rusty

crusty&rusty

I think I'm likin this global warming cuz we can spend more time cruising .
    Hope to have mine out tommorrow .

WC145 and Denns1989 like this.
  29. 55Deso

55Deso
    from Wyoming

Wow, absolutly incredable. I read your entire theead as well as your intro thread over the last couple days and am just awestruck. It seems like this survivor couldnt have ended up in better hands!

Denns1989 likes this.