Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage FUNNIEST THING OVERHEARD AT CRUISE OR SHOW?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Mar 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"Life Lesson" personified.

2. manicmachanic

manicmachanic
    from Berwyn, IL

I know this is OT. BUT. Why is it that when Nailhead Brooklyn responds to a thread somebody has to try and hit up on her. From what I've seen of her posts she's workn. THE CAR you sick bastards. And has good questions about how to get things done.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  3. Very transparent

falcongeorge likes this.
  4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

^^In my experience, that approach rarely, if ever, works...:p

mad mikey likes this.
  5. manicmachanic

manicmachanic
    from Berwyn, IL

What I would like to hear is some of stupid comments she's gotten! Gotta be REAL GOOD!

volvobrynk and falcongeorge like this.
  6. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

No, no build thread on the modified. Its been on the road for about 9 years. I had heard about the hamb but didnt even know how to turn on a computer back then(still dont know much to this day)

7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

8. manicmachanic

manicmachanic
    from Berwyn, IL

Oh' here's a good one. My friend had Arnie's "Passionate Poncho IV" the only one built with a plexi windshield. It never fogged. People said the defogger worked great. Even though you couldn't see through the rest of the windows on a cold Wisc. night. Oh yeah no heating system.

9. prpmmp

prpmmp

Does it really matter if the stories are true or not? They are just stories!! Since the beginning of time Man has been telling stories (whisper down the lane) Thats Entertainment!! Pete

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. As I said earlier my avatar is my 261 Blueflame 6.
    I had guy ask me "So you destroked a 265?"
    He was looking under the hood as he asked!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    volvobrynk likes this.
  11. OH MY GOD, back to my thread, they belong in mental hospitals!!!!!Bruce.

12. I AGREE Bruce.

13. Great thread here, Keep 'em coming. :)

14. I often hear "I am so glad you left it original."
    [​IMG]

IMG_0173.JPG IMG_0177.JPG IMG_0178.JPG IMG_0179.JPG

15. This happened at a show a few years back, (un-named on purpose), the herd had cleared for the day, the lot became empty and this fella decided to ride around the grounds. Next thing I noticed he'd smacked into a light pole, and he squared it up perfectly I might add! At first me and a buddy thought he'd done it on purpose and was planning on some sort of a, "Hey yawl watch me!" show... but when I saw him jump out peeved at what he'd done, we ran over to see if we could help. The first thing I heard him say that wasn't just colorful language was....

"I would have missed the pole if my mailbox hadn't of got in my way."
    DSCF7986.JPG

Just thankful this wasn't a spectator walking around or someones kid!

BradinNC, The37Kid and seb fontana like this.
  16. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Now that is just priceless.

17. 117harv

117harv

We all have our own opinions, this is entertaining reading for some, but I'm here for hotrods, not to read comments calling people names.

And this thread, the same topic got locked, as will this one.

Goofy Comments From the General Public

falcongeorge likes this.
  18. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Now that is just priceless cherry deuce.

Now Harv. Why open up a thread with this heading if you don't want a little humor in your life.?

19. We're so screwed!

20. Some of the car owners (not builders) are worse then the public. LOL

21. The big Moon decal and event sticker on the windshield are good ideas too!

Where did he find the late 261?

22. I hope the pole was OK.

Mick

23. Ya mean some of us aren't?;):D I know I have my moments.
    If you cant laugh at yourself, you haven't taken a good look!

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Of course we are, but we dont need to advertise the fact quite so loudly.:D Thing is, most of this isnt laughing at ourselves, hell, I am all over that, but thats not really who most of this thread is making fun of. Most of it is about laughing at how stupid non-car guy civilians are because they "dont get it". For my money, we should be happy civilians still even WANT to come out to car shows. Most people do not get what we are into at all, and if if you figure the people three doors down think you are the coolest guy on the block because you are a car guy, those days are LONG gone.
    People bitch about "new blood" and how the car thing is dying, then they bitch about people that dont know much about cars coming out to car shows and showing an interest! You might figure 'hey, its just us in here, we are behind closed doors" but believe me, the attitudes being expressed here come across loud and clear at shows I attend as well.
    The guys who came before us, the same ones we like to hold in high regard on here, spent a lot of time setting up car shows primarily for the purpose of improving hot roddings image with the public. Sure it was also for car guys to check each others cars out, but hell we coulda done that at the lakes or street races. The main thrust behind those early car shows was putting forward a positive public image for the sport. How the hell is a smug, sneering attitude "positive"?
    To most of us, car culture in one form or another has been at the center of our lives for several decades. Its coming to an end, and it is dying out as we die, thats a fact. And while that seems tragic to me, and to the rest of us inside this thing, in the grand scheme of things (cant believe these words are coming from me) they ARE just cars. But I'll tell you one thing, sitting around and smugly ridiculing the civilians that come out to car shows sure as hell isnt gonna change that, it will hasten it along. If there was any new blood, where the hell do you think it would come from?
    I am all for making fun of the stupid shit WE as car guys do, some of its pretty funny. But this sneering attitude towards members of the general public that show an interest in what we are doing is really gonna damage whats left of the hobby, and I am seeing it more and more. We should be glad there are still a few civilians that do show an interest, because believe me, those numbers are shrinking fast. take a look around, how many faces under 30 do you see at a car show, and I dont mean the kids of people who have cars. Not very damned many.
    If you think you are still the cool guy in the drive-in because you have a hot rod, I have a late breaking bulletin for you, there aren't any drive-ins left, and the vast majority of the general public doesn't give a SHIT about this stuff. Lets TRY not to alienate the few that still do.
    Rant over.

BradinNC, Bubba1955, 56don and 14 others like this.
  25. Boy, you got that one right !

26. [QUOTE="Robert J. Palmer,Where did he find the late 261?[/QUOTE]

Good eye! A north of the border immigrant maybe.

Robert J. Palmer likes this.
  27. I have one cruise night I go to, well-attended on a hot summer night by people of all ages. I get old guys who are trying to sell me their cars, they are ready to go south or something. One I told him if he threw in his wife, it's a deal... not a bad looker for 65 +.

I've been running my '59 in the driveway for the past few weeks, sorting out the clutch and a few other things. The same 3 neighborhood kids on bikes ride past every time. Great to see them interested.

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

AWESOME! Man, that reminds me of when I was a kid....:(Different world then, I miss it...

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. Amen George... I like your rant!

That reminds me of a little story someone told me several years ago.

There was this new guy on the block and he had this gorgeous '32 Roadster with blown Hemi. It was black with traditional flames, red and black interior, Halibrands, bigs and littles, 4" chromed dropped axle, finned brake drums, everything was just perfect!

Every day he would be out there fiddling with it in the garage. He'd tune on it a little and take it for a test drive and park it in the garage and sit there in his captains chair and admire it. This happened all the time.

Then one day he washed it (without water of course) and waxed it with the finest wax available. Took it for a test drive and came back and parked it in the driveway, got out his captains chair and sat there and admired it for a while.

Well, the neighbor who was a preacher and being concerned for this guys soul, came over to introduce himself. "Hi, I'm Preacher So and So from the Community Church.

"I've been watching you for a few weeks and became a little concerned. Do you think you might be making a little too big a deal about this beautiful car? It hasn't become a God or anything has it?" "Oh no! Don't worry about that!" he replied.

Then the preacher asked him if he knew the Lord and the guy replied, "Oh yeah, been a believer for all my life. Everything is OK". "Okay", the preacher said, "I just wanted to make sure where you stood."

About that time a garbage truck came down the street and decided to turn around in this guys driveway. He pulled right up there and backed up into the drive and crushed that beautiful '32 by accident. YIKES!!!

The guy jumped out of his chair and came running around to see what happened and screamed, "OH MY GOD!!!" The preacher just stood there looking at him! :eek:

George, you're right, some people just don't get it! :D

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is that the ten foot pole nobody would touch a rat rod with? Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.