Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Any interest in a car raffle?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell de Moor, Mar 26, 2016.

1. So I have been pondering the idea of selling my car recently in order to get something that I really want. The problem is I have way more into it than what it is worth (doesn't everyone). And I don't think I would entertain an offer for double what the car is even worth. So basically I have a four-door Ford that I want way too much money for in an economy that (like myself) doesn't have much disposable income to share. So here is what I'm thinking.

Have a raffle on the HAMB for the car where each member buys a ticket off of me. If your an Alliance Member you would automatically get two tickets.

At the end of the whole shindig Ryan would get a percentage of the money made in the raffle lets say x% of what I sell the tickets for.

Now come the multiple questions...

1.) Would Ryan and other moderators be okay with this?

2.) Would anyone even be interested in purchasing a ticket? If so How many do I make and how much do I sell them for?

3.)Should I have a cut off date on the raffle or just run the raffle until I get the desired amount of money I would want out of the car? (I wan't $4,000 less than what I have into the vehicle) so I am not making a profit off this.

Here is the car in question (However the car has changed quit a bit from the time it was posted on Kustomrama)...

http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Mitchell_de_Moor's_1956_Ford

2. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Illegal in many states, except for charitable causes.

Squablow likes this.
  3. Okay that's completely understandable. I should have done my homework first. Would it make a difference that I live in Canada and Americans could purchase tickets? Thanks for your reply.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think eBay is your way to go if in fact you have an overpriced vehicle. No, I wouldn't be interested in a ticket. Bob

5. I took a look at your media and the car looks real good. I'm surprised it wouldn't sell. I agree with Bob, ebay the car.

6. henry29

henry29

I would think the car would be worth $4,000,
    I wouldn't buy a ticket though.

7. Squablow

Squablow

Pretty sure that would consititute international mail fraud. Very illegal to have a private party raffle, it's unlicensed gambling basically, unless it's tied to a charity.

Sorry, but you need to put this idea to bed. A nice car with a proper price will sell eventually, just hold out.

8. I think he means he wants $4,000 less than what he is into the car. Lots of legality issues here, sounds like a can of worms I wouldn't want to be involved in.

Mick

9. Thanks guys! I'll put the idea to bed now. Case closed lol No raffle :)