Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the deal with STACK PIPES?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, Nov 27, 2003.

1. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I like stacks on old trucks. Thanks Beaner, those 7 inchers all the kids have at work will now become wastepaper baskets :D

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Look at it this way. This thread is really useful for weeding out the street rodders from the guys who really "get" period cars.:D

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  3. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

Back in the 50s an early 60s when my Dad was in the gas station all his truck's had stack's They where there to warm your hand's in the winter month's when doing service call's. His 49 f-1 had no muffler's but stack's sounded good on the street but would shake out your filling's if you were on the second floor when he drove by.

4. Elrusto

Elrusto

........ and I still like'm !!

indianbullet likes this.
  5. There Ok for getting the black diesel smoke up above your trailer. I drove one Red peterbuilt with a pair of really lous stacks. It was a cop calling sterio. And I didnt like it. The last Pete I drove had twin vertical mufflers and never blew any black smoke. 475 Hp cat engine and was black with lots of chrome. I drove it 800,000 thousand miles.

mad mikey likes this.
  6. indianbullet

indianbullet
    from Ca

Hey Zed, this thread ain't dead. I want to put em on my flatbed.

Attached Files:

cactus1 and High test 63 like this.