Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Looking for history of this Washington area, blue channeled model A roadster. Last registered 1966

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Feb 17, 2016.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Marty is a good guy to ask, I have sent a pm to Hemideuce, but he is a BC guy, I will print this stuff out, and show it to another guy I know that has been in the Vancouver Island scene since the late fifties, I will be seeing him next week. He doesnt do computers AT ALL, but he remembers a ton of cars, and has good recall, if he has ever seen it, he will probably remember it. I mostly know BC guys, but I will try.
    Cmon daddio, get with the times, move up from the forties to the fifties, you KNOW you wanna!!!:D
    360052-Bernie%2520DesJardin_\'s%2520roadster.JPG Cam-snappers-of-newburyport-1932-ford.jpg curtis5_zpsda5389c3.jpg Dell-aune-1928-ford.jpg Dick-blaine-1932-ford.jpg IMG_1123.JPG Jan64-10.jpg oct53-hrm-pg43.jpg

2. In my head it looked a lot like this. IMG_1123.JPG

3. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Dick Page?

4. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Matt,

Just found this pic deep in the "Drag Cars in Motion" thread:
    [​IMG]

Deep Channel, '30/31, light colored paint, cut-out lower firewall, flat-ish cycle-fenders, South Sound. Could very well be an early version of your car.

5. I'm gonna go look for cowl light holes.

6. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Damn, just noticed that the car in the Pic i posted had cowl lamps, and yours doesn't. So close...

7. I have filled cowl lights holes though

Sent from my SM-G900T using H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I can't make out much more, but the plates on the cars appear to be White-On-Green Centered Washington plates, so 1958-62.

kidcampbell71 and Hitchhiker like this.
  9. Unfortunately the cycle fenders don't match up.

Not that that couldn't have been changed...

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

How are they filled, lead or bondo?? I was thinking about this when I read your pm too, one way to ballpark when what was filled.
    Man, if it WERE that car, you KNOW what you would have to do!!:cool: man, I might even have to sell you my Drag-Star!

11. They are welded shut.

I tell you what...if this thing had a olds in it, I would be a pretty happy camper.

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

You would have to have a talk with Paul. Finding rockers can be tough though....

13. Paul has chimed in on my other thread that if I need olds stuff to contact him. : )

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Check out the Devin in the background. Wonder where that is!
    [​IMG]

15. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Heck, I would be happy with anything in that shot. Slammed olds hardtop, Devin, '58 Impala, the Mean Motor Scooter...

falcongeorge likes this.
  16. RonaldR

RonaldR

I don't know if this is the car or not, but if my memory serves me correctly, it seems like I remember seeing this car on the streets of Centralia Washington in the late 50 's early 60 's running a flathead. Most likely the car was out of the Tacoma area.
    A guy who grew up in Tacoma, was Red Weaver. He now lives in Napavine wa. Hope this might be of some help.
    Hamer RonaldR of Centralia Washington.

Hitchhiker and falcongeorge like this.
  17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That sounds like an good lead. It would be really cool if you find out about this cars past, maybe even find a picture or two. A flathead is kinda like two bangers, you are used to that stuff! I just thought of someone else that might know something, try Pete1 on here, send him a pm with a link to the thread.

Hitchhiker likes this.
  18. Wow! thanks! thats a great lead!

19. verde742

verde742

Dick Passed away, If you contact him, let us know.

Marty lives west of Portland at North Plain, On here a lot. At the top, touch the magnifying glass, and put in Marty.then send him a PM..

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. pontman

pontman

Don't know any history of your car. Did you have another thread when you pulled it out of the bushes here in Washington?

21. RonaldR

RonaldR

Hey RonaldR here again, a couple of more fellas out of the Tacoma area longtime rodders,custom upholstery Bob Jasper & customizer John Grimm might be able to shed some light on the car. Hope this help.

22. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I'm thinking you need to start looking for a 6 carb Olds to tunnel the spirit s of the past!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

brad2v likes this.
  23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

We could stand around it in a circle and hold hands, but if it levitates, whatever you do, DONT BREAK THE CIRCLE! One of those things comes crashing down, its gonna do some damage!:D

Hitchhiker likes this.
  24. verde742

verde742

???????????? bad school system??????????

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Dont worry verde, I dont really believe in that stuff!

26. Noted. I'll try him on the ouija board.

It was sitting in a shed. but I do have "build" thread started.

thanks again for the leads!

it would be sweet if this thing originally had an olds!

27. 31Apickup

31Apickup

My Brother's roadster (cut down coupe) then with previous owner and now. The Nailhead will be in my coupe. DickMoraniecroadster.jpg Alans Roadster.jpg

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

This is a '32, but some good inspiration anyway. Its hard to see in the photo, but with the grill shell forward, it could be spring in front? It was in Hot Rod, I will try to find the article.
    118.jpg

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Whoh!! Is it going to be put back together this way?

volvobrynk and Hitchhiker like this.