Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from NJ from a 1961 Corvair

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by LostBoy, Mar 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LostBoy

LostBoy

Just recently purchased a 1961 Corvair 700. Not quite as old (vintage) as some of you guys, but I've always wanted one and the opportunity presented itself. I've been browsing the HAMB for some time. I dig hotrods, ratrods, classics and everythign else. I'm more of a motorcycle guy (I've built quite a few CB550s and keep one as a daily rider) but I owe it to myself to have a project car. Not looking to restore this thing, the main rust is in the floors and the lower doors. The rest is solid. I'm, going to keep it looking rough but mechanically new. It has a great patina that I think looks rad. I'm a mechanic by trade and also do custom exhausts for all types of cars and trucks. Great to be here! Here are a few pictures of it sitting in the "cancer tent" as I call it. Obviously I already started gutting it and getting the engine running.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  2. Waldoz

Waldoz

I love these old corvairs! What are your plans for it?