Register now to get rid of these ads!

New venue in Austin for 2016 "The Rusty Mule"

Discussion in 'The 2024 Lone Star Round Up' started by rjv57chevy, Mar 22, 2016.

1. rjv57chevy

rjv57chevy
    from Austin

There is a new venue in Southwest Austin called the "The Rusty Mule". It is the perfect setting for a Roundup hangout. It is a live outdoor music venue with food trailers and has an outside bar under the oak trees. The venue itself was barely up and running last year and a few cars managed to find it. The Rusty Mule Beer Barn at the venue just opened a couple months ago.

Let me say I am not affiliated in any way with The Rusty Mule. I was born and raised in South Austin and know every back road in this city. I drive by this place everyday and have watched it grow from a piece of land to a used car lot and within the last year has grown into this great new outdoor venue.

It is the perfect setting for a Round Up hangout. So if your looking for someplace new for 2016 where it's off the police radar and away from the new car yuppies this would be the spot. It is also family friendly. Giddy Ups in South Austin has gotten so crowded this is an alternative or you could bar hop between the two.

Follow the links to check the place out yourself:
    http://rustymule.wix.com/the-rusty-mule

https://www.facebook.com/The-Rusty-Mule-953380421342401/

Located at:
    9201 HWY 290 West, Austin, TX 78736
    01LTL_RustyMuke_highway.jpg 01LTL_RustyMuke_highway.jpg 02bar.jpg 03Taps.jpg 04LTL_RustyMule_sign2.jpg 05outdoor alcohal.png 06camper.jpg 07car.jpg 08keg bar stools.jpg 09LTL_RustyMule_stage.jpg 10sign#2.jpg 11mule store sign.jpg 12outside.jpg 13sign#3.jpg
    Austin, TX 78736

Texasbuggys likes this.
  2. Big Country Tx

Big Country Tx

looks like a fun place, we may check it out! LBP (392).jpg

Texasbuggys likes this.
  3. Much thanks for the tip and pics! Gonna have to try to get over that way. Nice to have some breathin' room for sure. No posers, just folks.