Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone have a 34 Dodge sedan? Help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalman, Mar 21, 2016.

1. metalman

metalman

Hey guys, I'm building a 34 Dodge. I'm rebuilding a mess on the bottom of the rear and the rear fenders. Someone in the past did one heck of a repair, they welded angle iron across the back, welded the fender on, added 5":eek: extra width to the fenders while they were at it then molded it all in with filler (lots of it, yes that is 3" thick bondo in the pic!). After I cut the fenders and the angle iron off I don't have enough left to tell what it's suppose to look like. The back of the fender won't come up to meet the body and there is nothing left to show how the rear panel ends up, especially around the bumper mounts and corners. I tried googling a picture but couldn't find one close enough or where the bumper isn't hiding it from view. Can anyone post a picture of the bottom corner, similar to the one here? FWIW this is not a resto, it is a hot rod but the owners want the body to be close to stock. Oh yeah, I will be fixing where they "frenched" in this hideous license plate box and fill the gas filler hole. DSC_0072.JPG DSC_0073.JPG DSC_0074.JPG

2. here is an approximation, the main back panel goes to the very end and then bends where the frame end meets the curve.
    you are right it hard to find pics of that panel. you may want to start conversations with people with these style bodies. I may have some pics someplace, I have a '33 I'm working on and that panel is much shorter on a 33.

Attached Files:

3. I am building a 37 Plymouth if I can be of any help please feel free to ask also try and contact Mudgy on here he is building a 30's Dodge and maybe able to help. Sharps40 is building one also and has been selling some parts on the classifieds I think his maybe a 37 also. Hobo Jim

4. mrloboy

mrloboy

image.jpeg image.jpeg I have this car in my yard. If I can get you more precise pics that would help, just let me know.

5. I guess you can add me to the list of peole building 30' Mopars. Im finally working on my wife's '33 Plymouth PC Sedan. Gotta order parts but stuff is happening.

6. metalman

metalman

Thanks for the help. mrloboy, your pics were what I was looking for, looks to be a lot more missing on mine then I thought. Can't quite figure why the curve of my fender doesn't match the body curve at the flange, wonder if the fender is the wrong one.

7. Metalman, whats the rest of the project looks like?

8. You may just want to go to the AACA forums site where there is a "Dodge and Dodge Brothers" section.

9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

That fender looks like it's been flattened and needs more sweep to correspond with the OEM rear panel.

10. metalman

metalman

Not much to look at yet. Has a solid body, no rust at all and pretty straight. Keeping it Mopar powered, we're putting a 360LA/ torqueflight in it. DSC_0079.JPG DSC_0080.JPG A po did more damage then good, ya got to love what he did to the front. He had put a Volare front end in it so he extended to fenders and grill shell down to hide the torsion bars, might as well put another ugly license plate box in it to match the back one!

11. Sweet headlight mounts. Bet it had square headlights as well.
    At least you don't have a whole ton of dents to fix on the fenders. I may send my fenders out for that. Unless I find someone not using their PC fenders.