Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Back in a Shoe again......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tierod, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Ron Funkhouser and Squablow like this.
  2. Squablow

Squablow

Cool pics, I like that T roadster pickup. That Merc though, geez. I think he needs to add some more "stuff" to it!

3. WOW, I received a trophy at the Indianapolis World of Wheels > Motorama section, put on by the Road Rockets.
    There selected by visiting judges, that just pick favorites...
    Thanks Road Rockets, on to the Road Rocket Rumble in June in Speedway. Great show by the way.

upload_2016-2-14_21-37-23.png

Ron Funkhouser and Squablow like this.
  4. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Great to hear about the trophy !

5. Buddy Palumbo: Thanks.... I looked at your Build Thread,, Nice work....

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

I got power brakes for my 50 from the u-pull-it off of a 94 Jeep. I took it all, the brake pedal, pedal mount, power booster, proportioning valve, and master cylinder. Its been working great for several years. I mounted the assembly low on the firewall so that it doesnt flex. The brake arm is about 1 3/4" too log, so I bent it to 90 degrees, and drilled a hole for the original pedal pad. That gives me the original clutch pedal thru the floor (still has the flathead) and a hanging brake. So far no one has noticed. I think their eyes stop at the original matching pads.
    I bought the adapter for disc brakes from Scarebird but thats a mistake. They dont fit unless you take a grinder to your parts. Dont buy from scarebird

7. @manyolcars would it work to get the brake and clutch from a Cherokee and use both? or are they separate units? Sorry to hijack the thread, that looks beautiful @tierod

8. manyolcars

manyolcars

The Ford clutch goes into the bellhousing at a funny angle and the Cherokee goes in 'normal' and would probably work if you use a traditional SBC but this car has a good running flathead that will stay until its done. I have the adapter for the SBC. The Cherokee assembly had the clutch pedal on it but I took it off. Why do you want a 4 door?

9. Oh ok. I'm going to pick up a shoebox this weekend and I want to keep the flathead and put a T-5 behind it but I'm not sure what to do for the clutch. I'd seen the Cherokee brake pedal assembly used by someone over on the old shoeboxford.com (might have been you) and I wondered if it might be possible to use both to avoid having a hanging brake pedal and floor-mounted clutch. I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get there, if the flathead is junk I may swap in a 302/AOD combo, which would mean I don't need a clutch pedal at all.

I want a four-door because I have a 14-month-old son and I want to be able to drive the car with him and my wife, and I don't want to have to contort myself getting him into and out of a two-door. I think a two-door sedan would be OK, but if I can get a four-door for a reasonable price (which I've been able to, and even less than a comparable two-door) then that's what I'll go for.

10. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks, my friend. It's been a long haul for me ... and it isn't over yet , LOL !

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

congrats on the win. I'd take the stickers off your back window

12. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Make a new post and you'll be sure to get some ideas.

13. I plan to make a build/questions thread once I get it, just intended to ask the one question, not make a longer discussion about it. Sorry again @tierod for hijacking the thread.

tierod likes this.
  14. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

You and the Shoebox look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! You both made a fine addition to the show:) We had so many new face and new rides this year at the Motorama is was astounding!!! There was something there for everyone, which is exactly how we like it:) Also for anyone who visited with me at the Tiki Bar during registration and got a chuckle and smile from my Ice Ice Baby singing camel, well, TieRod is the man to thank and "Joe" now proudly sits in our studio room:) It really was an amazing weekend, move in went super smooth and even though Mother Nature tried to throw us for a loop on Sunday, we all over came her snow and safely made it home. The Road Rockets and I can't thank everyone enough for all of your support and friendship, this was by far the BEST Motorama EVER!!! We even had a wedding!!! HOW KOOL IS THAT!!!!!!!!?????!!!!! TieRod your photos, as they always are, were awesome and thank you for sharing them with everyone here on the HAMB!!! Who needs a groundhog when we have the Motorama, SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!! And you all know what that means..... The 17th Annual Road Rocket Rumble being held at the Clarion Waterfront Hotel, June 16, 17th & 18th:) Thanks to Goose everything you need to know about the show you can find on our website www.indyroadrockets.com and of course our facebook page:) TieRod, thanks again for joining us and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful photos!!!

tierod likes this.
  15. MissBelvedere: Thanks for the kind words, great show (As always... :) ) See you at the Rumble...

16. OK< Got the Square Tailpipes changed.
    from this:
    upload_2016-2-22_20-11-52.png

To This:
    upload_2016-2-22_20-12-21.png
    upload_2016-2-22_20-12-43.png

I like it, It changes the tone a little, for the better I think..

Also I installed a 2 Speed Electric Wiper Motor from NEWPORT., Works great.
    NEXT: The Shifter..... :)

Squablow likes this.
  17. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

this box is beautiful! love it

tierod likes this.
  18. Buz

Buz

Tailpipes look 100% better.

tierod likes this.
  19. sevenevez: Thanks...
    Buz: Thanks, I agree...

Spent some time this weekend polishing up the chrome. The Directional pieces are in pretty bad shape, but shiny.
    (Picture from my beat up old phone..)

upload_2016-3-28_13-13-17.png

Squablow likes this.
  20. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

A little elbow grease goes a long way !

tierod likes this.
  21. WOW, My daughter gave me a surprise Birthday party, bunch of co-workers, fellow hotrodders and some residents from my complex. it was great..
    here's the cake ...
    upload_2016-4-10_16-55-29.png

22. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

What a great cake ... and great daughter ! I hope your birthday was great .

tierod likes this.