Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage BLACK FOREST DRIVE #6 AUSTRALIA 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatoz, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Great pics, thanks.

2. striper

striper

Thanks for the pics Corey. Well done once again to you, Dave and Wayne. Big day. I usually get home on a tank. Had to top up at Woodend on the way home.

390cad likes this.
  3. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks for the photos. Tell Dave hello form LA. His coupe looks great.

4. Avgas

Avgas

Great selection of rides! Good to see the trad cars not being diluted! Dave's 34 roadster always throws a great silhouette for a street rod! thanks for the pics mate!

5. Thanks must go to Corey, Dave and Wayne for putting on such a great run. A lazy 450km (280m for you yanks) round trip for me but well worth it. Just not so sure on that dodgy looking bugger flipping the bird..... :D

390cad likes this.
  6. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Thanks for the pictures. What a great run and fantastic hot rods. Very nice

7. 63Compact

63Compact

Good job guys sorry I didn't make it but I did get some work done in the shed!

8. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Thanks for taking us along for the day! That is my favorite way to enjoy my cars. There are some really great photos here!

9. deadbeat

deadbeat

some of Aussies great country side. Also good to see some of the cars that have been on the road for many years still out there doing it. Gee I miss Australia sometimes, bloody homesick now! Great pics and thanks for posting

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Remarkable cruise. Thanx for sharing, Gary

11. great stuff Corey, props to all involved, especially in cold and less than ideal weather. Great to see cars getting driven, and in an environment that brings out the best they have to offer.
    Cheers,
    A.

12. flatoz

flatoz

You're welcome any time!:)

13. flatoz

flatoz

Charlie,

shoot me your email address. You're more than welcome to come along. We'd be happy to have you. Long trip for a day event though.

Dago 88 and tmf like this.
  14. flatoz

flatoz

Cheers Tony,

Hope you had a good birthday. Hope to see you next year. drag Geoff along again will you!

15. martin

martin

Thanks again fellas, for another fantastic run, we had a top day. It`s a shame it looked like rain on the day, as it would have been good to see some of The WiseGuys on the run. next sunny day hey ! Cheers, Martin. Vultures CC.

16. flatoz

flatoz

A couple more photos

my fathers coupe 'swifty'

[​IMG]

coming up through a valley a nice long grade.

[​IMG]

Tony on a mission

[​IMG]

stripers RPU

[​IMG]

Again, with the old mans coupe in the back ground.

[​IMG]

17. IMG_9345.JPG IMG_9357.JPG Thanks for the pics Corey and to you , Wayne and Dave , thanks for the great day !!

18. Krylon32, they are required but some of us down here run the risk of not getting caught.

19. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

Looks like fun....Thanks for sharing!

20. I just wanted to say thank you to all the guys and girls that came along to our sixth run in spite of the initially foreboding weather. It just goes to show how dedicated the true traditional car crowd is to the cause. Had the weather been perfect (as it was the following day, of course!), we would have seen over 50 cars and over 80 poeple on a run that's invitational only and not advertised, nor set for a fixed date every year. It's kept deliberately simple and low-key so we get to see some cars that don't ever attend any runs or shows at any other time of the year. For that we feel privileged to host the Black Forest Drive every year and have you all turn up and make it so worthwhile.

21. That was neat!! Thanks Mate!!

22. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

Looks like a real blast, atmospheric forests to roam through!

23. Thanks Corey, Dave and Wayne- and to all the hands that went up offering me a seat! As a couple mentioned the traditional hot rodders are something else! They just want to enjoy it all! A few guys commended me just for making my way out in the cold and to the distance! Very welcoming bunch of lads. Thanks Corey for the motivation to get my car there but it still hasn't got there and you ensured you would find me a seat- so thanks very much for making me so welcome and thanks Ross, Mick, Craig and Dan for the rides! Great run!

509garyd likes this.
  24. flatoz

flatoz

Cheers Pete,

glad you had a good day I reckon going on a drive like this and the reliability run is the best way to enjoy the cars, it's like a moving car show.

thommoina33 likes this.
  25. Always look forward to the Black Forest threads,they never disappoint and always enlighten us guys in the States just how many cool traditional cars you guys build. HRP

26. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Some great looking cars wish I'd known that was on right under my nose,would have driven out to one of those towns just to see you guys roll in.
    Great pics thanks for posting.
    Fnjunk

27. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Corey,
    Great pics and narration. Looks like it was an awesome day! Hope the '32 Tudor is getting a few miles on it too!

Mike

28. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Yep, have to echo your comments, MercUte, I`ve known Harry a very long time as well. Great to see him out and about. PM us with info if you want, fellas........Great event. Hope to do something like it in this area in the next few months....