Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods steel wheel repair in NM or Co

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmpontiac, Oct 27, 2015.

1. I'm trying to build a set of 17"rear wheels for my Model A using an artillery wheel center and a 7x17 dodge shell. I've got one tacked together and have been working on the lateral runout and have it down to about .050 - the time it's taking has got me thinking that I may be better off sending them to a real wheel guy. Someone here recommended TruDesign Wheel in Denver but their phone number is apparently not in service . I've read most of the threads on here discussing the various wheel guys and have kind of come away confused. Does anyone know about anyone in the northern NM / southern CO area that repairs/fabricates steel wheels?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You might ask the local circle track guys who assembles or repairs their wheels but they may not be as worried about close tolerances.
    one of my buddies has had wide hoops put on his centers by a local machinist who has a lathe big enough to handle the rims He has been happy with them but I haven't ridden in the rig they are on to know how they feel as far as vibration or wiggle.

3. heycad

heycad
    from Kansas

Where can you get wheel hoops-shells-blanks???

4. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

woodys wheel works in Denver, they do it all