Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Portland Roadster Show 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DDDenny, Mar 13, 2016.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

http://www.portlandroadstershow.com

It's almost here guys, anybody have a car in the show this year?
    I'm bunged up, so not going, any HAMB friendly coverage will be greatly appreciated. If you can and are willing to tag photos with car owners' names that would be cool.

Gary Reynolds and verde742 like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if ya go be sure to take pics & post here

verde742 likes this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm going down next Sunday. I have to work Saturday.

4. got rust2

got rust2

I'm going down Thursday with an old Ford entered. Anybody else?

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PM me the info on the car and what building you expect to be in if you would.

6. got rust2

got rust2

Ya sure, another guy to come around and make fun of my twisted mind.,,,,,or ask, who built it? PM sent. see ya there.

7. I'd like to head up Sunday to be a looker. Decided to skip the booth etc. this year and do a local show on Saturday instead.

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with you Denny, I am pulling up lame this year. Rebound says I tore the meniscus in my right knee. Surgery time. My wife's fault, told her not to make me beg. Someone post some pics please. 60 year anniversary. Knowing Portland it may have prius' and Teslas (keep Portland weird) but love to see the stuff that actually matters to those of us that care. Duane works hard to assemble a good show.
    upload_2016-3-13_23-57-54.png

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Remember your cameras.
    Even you guys on setup night, (if you have time), best time, no people in the way.

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

11. Even though it's just down the road from me, I won't be able make it until Sunday.
    Been a while, but really looking forward to this one; should have a good old-school vibe....

12. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

I was there for setup briefly yesterday, and for a while to pick up a customer that had his car in today. I will say that the Show is huge this year. All three big buildings chock full of cars, plus half of the smaller front building as well. It`s worth going just to see the Orange Crate, and the `31 on Deuce Rails that Roseville R&C built. There are less HAMB friendly cars, but some neat stuff sprinkled around. And yes, I know that this Report is USELESS WITHOUT PICS!....Someone will take some and post, I know they will.....:oops:

kiwijeff likes this.
  13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Nope, great report, pix or no.
    Thanks KT

14. glmke

glmke

I was there Wednesday helping fellow club member push in the orange crate. Hope the show is good but with the hot rod council in charge I'm not expecting much.
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. mdcolby

mdcolby

bump
    someone has to have pictures by now

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That's what I'm talk'n bout!
    That's Paul G. hisself.
    Thanks, what a great car to get this thread roll'n.

17. redo32

redo32

Denny, I can't believe somebody hasn't posted pictures yet. I guess they're all selfish pricks like me, I didn't take a camera. My birthday is March 1st, I took my drivers test and Dad let me take the '59 Plymouth to the show 51 years ago. I've missed maybe 5 shows in all that time. I've got to rate this as the best show ever.

We got an early start, stopped for breakfast and arrived at the World of Speed Museum in Wilsonville, a great presentation of Northwest hot rodding and racing history. Fought the crosstown traffic, got a dollar off on parking, but no senior citizen discount at the door. NAPA has $2 off coupons. They had to chase us out at 9:00pm. I'm a self avowed closet street rodder around here and I appreciate the cars that the top shops create for their well heeled customers. A&M, Steves and Kendig among other shops had beautiful displays of their craftsmanship. There was a nice display of Hall of Fame inductees including Russ Meeks roadster and the Orange Crate. The woody club had an excellent display. The Tie Rods had a great Traditional display. Organization and layout was good this year, we found all four rooms interesting.

18. Larry Anderson

Larry Anderson

Heard the Orange Crate was being restored and was curious to see how it turned out. My dad made a few passes in it back in his Rambler club member days. Tried to get my 5 year old interested in taking in the show but he quickly lost interest when I explained that this is a "look, but don't touch" show. No deal if he can't sit behind the wheel. Future racer/rodder in the making.

Sent from my XT1585 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

kiwijeff likes this.
  19. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Great to hear the Orange Crate is back on the show circuit. I saw it at it's first PDX car show when I was kid. I think I saw it a the Eugene car show also at the fairgrounds in the round building?

kiwijeff likes this.
  20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Thanks for the report guys, sounds like I missed a good one.
    How's things with you Larry?

21. glmke

glmke

Orange crate not restored. Only the engine has been rebuilt.

22. saltracer219

saltracer219

The only thing that has been restored on the Orange Crate is the engine and transmission. I restored the engine completely last year. They fired it just before the show and in the parking lot of the show on Wed afternoon during move in. It was the first time it has run in close to 50 years, it sound like it should. As far as any body restoration goes you would have to talk to the owner as to what his plans are.

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. Larry Anderson

Larry Anderson

Good to see at least something is being done with the car. Thought the paint looked the same as the last time I saw it at the 50th. I remember Bob telling me when he was trying to buy it back. He was having a tough time choking on the $100k price tag back in '89/'90ish. Well Denny, between the dealership, the 5 year old and arguing with the ex wife, I don't have much time to get to my OT projects. Marty Strode sends me updates every now and then on what's going on in Mountaindale and the HAMB is always a good escape.

Sent from my XT1585 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I went Friday night and have to admit the number of cars is up from last year and the quality is better also. My only complaint would be how the cars are setup. They have a large area setup in the middle that you have to walk around to see the cars and this is surrounded by rows of cars on the outside. Kind of like a wheel with spokes and a hub. It takes about twice the time and walking to see all the cars as it would be if they were just setup in rows so you could just walk up on isle and back down the next. Whoever designed the placement of the cars must do corn mazes in his spare time

25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Patiently waiting for pix.

26. got rust2

got rust2

will try to post some.

Attached Files:

• p 1.pdf
      File size:
      812.9 KB
      Views:
  27. got rust2

got rust2

a few more.

Attached Files:

• p 2.pdf
      File size:
      903.5 KB
      Views:
  28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went yesterday and think I may have missed a number of cars due to their layout.
    I got a serious case of Old fart walking too much and my knees hurt like hell after 2 1/2 hours of walking or wandering around.
    I found Got rust 2's coupe back by a walk keeping company with a little Jag. At least I think it was his. Nice
    link for my Hamb thread with the photos of most of the Hamb Friendly cars http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/2016-portland-roadster-show-photos.1013147/#post-11444110

29. Due to a flakey contractor and a 1- 1/2 day job that is now going into the 3rd day, I was not able to make the show!
    Thx, 48, for taking the time to post some great pics and cars. They're easing my pain, to a lesser degree, you could say........

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  30. Jettback50

Jettback50

[​IMG]
    How's this for a picture? Sat down with Gene and talked about ideas for the Camino and he came up with this! Drawn up on the back of a photo of the Pacifica. What a great guy.