Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dream car into reality, 32 Victoria in glass.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wedjim, Oct 20, 2014.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Should be a nicely flowing set up mostly a straight shot all the way. Crossovers are the real deal maybe even make a bit more power too.

wedjim likes this.
  2. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Welds aren't pretty, but had a couple spots that burned thru keeping the welder pretty hot. The collectors that came with the headers are like tissue and really needed help. But it's solid.

3. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Short vid of the exhaust note. Needs work. I also noticed the tail pipes aren't straight. Must have tweaked during welding, so that will need correction.

loudbang likes this.
  4. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

I installed the cross over pipe. It made it sound deeper, but the same glass pack sound is still there. It's growing on me though.

This week I Started mounting the seats and bought a choke cable kit so it will run decent in the winter(Florida winter).

Mecum auction is in town this week. So I've had a couple people stop in at the shop to see if the Vicky is for sale. But since it isn't, they left disappointed that I wouldn't allow them to buy it for half what I have in it. lol
    People are a trip, the car doesn't have a for sale sign, so they stop and throw out offers that are insulting and brag about how great the deals are at the auction at the same time.
    So I'm wondering, why aren't you low balling the cars that are actually for sale then?

5. loudbang

loudbang

Just tell them it's glass and the posers will leave you alone. :eek: And not know the difference.

wedjim likes this.
  6. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Taking measurements for the seats and I realized the inside front mounting bolts will want to come down right thru a vertical crossmember section. So I had to modify the seat mounts. I though, big flat floor, it's a drop in. Nope.
    But ready to go in this weekend now.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1454028020.085591.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  7. What are the seats from? HRP

8. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

I'm not positIve if he was correct, but the seller tells me early Mustang. But to me the slide handles don't look like early Ford Mustang? Maybe someone will chime in on that?

9. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1454213922.359598.jpg

Jute pad is trimmed and fitted, ready for gluing with 3M #74 foaming spray adhesive.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1454213956.685922.jpg

Carpet is 45 x 106" and going in as one piece....hopefully.

loudbang likes this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

NICE... I really like black carpet.

wedjim likes this.
  11. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

I almost went charcoal, but I figure if I drive it with my work boots on that might show marks. So I'll likely do the door panels and headliner in a charcoal color, or two tone black and charcoal.

loudbang likes this.
  12. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Not much this week. But I did get some goodies for next chance I get with Vicky...
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1455498884.277994.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  13. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1456019168.814419.jpg

Started the headliner bow, header panel and stereo box installation.

14. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1456019213.854277.jpg

Carpeting is just about done. Need to have an edge bead sewn onto the tunnel cover and floor mats I made.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1456019266.619847.jpg

15. loudbang

loudbang

Good place to put the radio, everybody will be too busy looking at that fine dash and interior before they think to look up. :rolleyes:

wedjim likes this.
  16. The seat back release doesnt look Mustang either. Chrysler? I'm thinking....

17. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Yeah loudbang, I saw some cars with it up top and it makes sense, I want to keep the dash clean as I can, functional, but clutter free.

FiddysixF, if you have a good idea let me know, lol...been trying to figure it out. Plastic seat back levers mean late eighties or early nineties something to me?

18. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Condensor is going in. Man it's a tight fit with only about an inch between the radiator side and the grill she'll for the line fittings.

I'll get some pics and maybe someone will have good ideas before I finalize it.

lbcd and loudbang like this.
  19. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Bike week, not getting much done this week on the car. Anxious though, so won't be long.

20. Hey Jim, I'm looking at those buckets and I have myself convinced they are from a late 90's early/mid 2000's Chrysler. ANYHOO..... have you given any thought to peeling the covers off and dying them black? (Only brought this up 'cuz you dont seem thrilled with the current color.) ;)

wedjim likes this.
  21. TimDavis

TimDavis

Redness.

wedjim likes this.
  22. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

I thought about trying that. Never dyed anything so big. But I'm also concerned that the fabric is aged and feels a little stiff, as in brittle?

Is it something that can be done with a drum, dye and hot water from the stove? Or is it something to send to a pro?

23. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459033744.214007.jpg

AC hoses, condenser, drier all in. Charged up and ready to go.

loudbang likes this.
  24. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

25. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459033851.845363.jpg

Grill emblem installed...finally.

loudbang and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  26. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459033888.115286.jpg

Put the hood back on Monday when I have a helper handy and onto finishing up the carpet. Cut out a tunnel cover and floor mats. Getting them finished at the upholstery shop this week sometime. Nice black edge bead should do the trick.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    loudbang and Chucky like this.
  27. Lots of tips/tricks on youtube for dying larger items. A large plastic tub that the covers could lay flat in (I'd probably try the covers one at a time) should work fine. Biggest trick is to keep the covers moving so they get saturated evenly. You need to agitate them. No dry spots. Those come out as lighter patches. Worse case, you dye them twice.
    Oh, and if you decide to tear the seats down to dye, you'll be surprised at how "small" the covers become when you pull them off the seats.
    You got this... you cant make them worse. ;)

wedjim likes this.
  28. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Thanks, I'm going to check into it. I have a rear seat and door panel material in the same mint green. : /

29. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Started the process of titling the Vicky. Messy at best. Since I have no original title, no MSO or COO, I'm not sure what the state of Florida will do. Rumor is they'll want to title her as a 2015 Street Rod? Ugh.

The guys at Downs have been super helpful and replied to my email question very courteously.

Next week the DMV might be my next step to see what my options are. As if it's up to me, lol.

30. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461891269.595456.jpg

Painting motorcycle parts for hot rod money.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461891292.061576.jpg

loudbang likes this.