Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Aquasco, Cecil County and Others Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by worstenemy453, Dec 11, 2015.

1. worstenemy453

worstenemy453

My grandfather raced a 68 Cougar with Top Cat on the side during the late 60s and early 70s. I would love to see if anyone has any pictures of the car. A member here who I've been in contact with actually bought the car after my grandfather and was able to send me a great pic from aquasco and i have one from Cecil county in the top cat form as well as one in 69 when he ran for a ford dealership. uploadfromtaptalk1449849115159.png uploadfromtaptalk1449849148299.png . Looking to see if anyone else might have anything in their stock pile. uploadfromtaptalk1449849015373.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1449849033652.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Check out the Aquasco thread on here as well as the Mighty Mo thread. Might find some pictures there.

4. worstenemy453

worstenemy453

I did check both of those. I'm also trying to figure out what magazines Mightve covered races in the area at that time. I guess 68-75 ish. Seems to be SS&DI and drag times. I know I found a race between him and Ed miller I think in a barracuda where my grandfather red lit and ran an 11 sec at 127 MPH ish pass. Still would've lost. Other guy ran a 10:56 haha

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Certainly a cool looking Cougar.

worstenemy453 likes this.
  6. Andamo

Andamo

There was a Cougar with the same name along with the solid front axle that ran here in the Pittsburgh area at Keystone Raceway. Sorry to say that the last time I saw it, it was sitting in a pile of junk cars along Rt. 28 waiting to be scrapped.

lothiandon1940 and worstenemy453 like this.
  7. worstenemy453

worstenemy453

Unfortunately I was aware of that as well. I talked to the guy that owned it after my grandfather who is actually on this forum and he said the person after him scrapped it.

8. What do you know about the "Buddy Naecker" listed on the quarter as one of the owner/drivers? I used to work with a young man, Mike Naecker, think he resides in Calvert County, Md. Not exactly a very common name. Maybe a relative?

9. Don, wasn't there a local racing news mag available at performance and parts stores in MD? It was in news paper form but had color along with B&W pictures. My memory is a bit hazy.

10. ..............Yours??!!:D:):D:).......The most prolific one was probably East Coast Drag Times but seems like there was one that covered even more "local" stuff like circle track racing and local car shows as well as drag racing. Do you remember the guy who would often be seen passing through Calvert County in a beat up van with racing stickers and decals all over the windows? I think he was the publisher and distributor of the paper. I guess he derived some income from the sale of ad space, but he went away probably 20 yrs. or more ago. Don't know who he was but it's the kind of venture one might expect Mothershead to have a hand in.

11. worstenemy453

worstenemy453

I unfortunately don't know anything about him but I would have to believe you are correct about it not being a common name. Maybe that's his grandson. I'm 24. I'm still a youngin myself lol

12. I do not remember the van but vaguely remember picking up free copies of the paper years ago. If you can figure out the name it might be a good source for pictures at the National Archives.

13. worstenemy453

worstenemy453

If anyone has old issues of any of the east coast magazines please flip through em. If this car is in it I'll buy the mag from you or at least get the month and year and I'll ebay a copy