Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 3w rear window area pics needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tinmann, Mar 15, 2016.

1. tinmann

tinmann

At long last, I am putting the wood and tins into my 1932 3w coupe. My memory is fuzzy as to how it all goes. Does anyone have pictures of the wood which holds the rear window regulator? How does the tin water drain tray attach? After that, how does the package tray attach? I am missing the two wooden blocks that attach to the B pillars and somehow support the package tray.

2. swifty

swifty

Do you know if the 3 and 5 window are the same? If so I can take some pics for you of my 5 window.

3. tinmann

tinmann

3w and 5w are definitely different, but your pics might be close enough for me to see what I need to see.
    Thanks,
    Daryl

4. Daryl: I have seen pics here on the Hamb. Might be hard to search, not knowing what thread to look for. Have you tried any vendors of wood kits etc? Tim

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Excuse the poor ipad pics but hopefully these will help some. The drip tray is held in by the screws on the parcel shelf and tucks up behind the window wood.

6. tinmann

tinmann

Kiwi 4D, thank you for the pics. Helps a great deal! Does your New Zealand body have the window crank on the opposite side to mine? I could have sworn my crank handle is intended to be on the right side (if you're looking through the trunk from the rear).

Timwhit, I did a search and couldn't get anything to pop up.

7. You are right as the window crank should be on the passengers side of the car.

8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think the PO changed the crank from the rt to left side. I believe RHD cars had the crank on the right. Though being on the opposite side to the driver does make it easier to operate.
    The rumble is on the Right behind the driver.

9. tinmann

tinmann

It's all making sense now. Looking at Kiwi's pics the package tray bottom attaches under the drip tray lip. Is this correct? Screws go in from top side though tin into wood below.

10. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I presume this is correct ,the screw would be difficult to get I from underneath and the wood holds the weight of the drip tray. Our car was disassembled when we got it so we just assembled the big jigsaw as it seemed best , though it came with some new wood and some original.if you want better detail pics I can use a regular camera . We have no upholstery , never will, to hide anything.