Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 55 caddy my first start to fininsh

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Caddyman76, May 28, 2013.

?
  1. Good

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Bad

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. You just suck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Thanks I got something right :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Only one pic per post
    Which looks better ?

Attached Files:

3. Or this

Attached Files:

4. ???

Attached Files:

5. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

You're doing a great job on your Caddy!

6. I like the third one. Those are smoothies. But it has a TPI engine.

7. Thanks chevy54.

8. The wheels I have are as close as I could find to look like spokes. Which where an option on the caddy's. not close enough I guess.

9. This is nice. Yes?

[​IMG]

10. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

11. ok then I will work on that..

12. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

yeah because the hamb unfriendly are barley showing lol think about it, you could sell the wheels you have now and buy something better and have money left over to put towards the car.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  13. There's not one part of that wheel choice that goes with that car.

14. Jbuhl1954

Jbuhl1954

Sweet ride bro!! Great work!!

15. Thanks for all the input guys. I'll look in to wheels later going to focus on the build for now.

Thanks everyone.

16. Awesome build Caddyman!!

The wheels are actually very similar in style to the Sabre wheels that were an option in 55. Just a "bit" bigger lol!!!

Love the engine, and the bags. My Canadian Caddy is likely half the weight due to rust!!

Keep up the great work.....

Bill

17. Thanks Bill
    Ya a little bigger. Lol

18. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

hey caddyman. looking great. keep it going.

19. Ted, thanks. I am pressed for time I just started on my Masters degree so the caddy progress will get even slower until I get some time off work. Up next is E brake and Exhaust. Not sure if I am going to run lake pipes or run the pipes out to the back.

20. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Dude - it's your car - ignore the wheel and door x4 comments. Sick work so far on the frame and engine..... You need to seriously run it with no hood for a couple years at least...

The wheels on my COE are a little modern in size too - even if they do look a little like Americn Racing Torq Thrust wheels - and the Dart wagon only came in 4 doors, although it does have American Racing wheels.....

:cool:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  21. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great car and great build , that engine is a work of art! You have some good taste!
    Maybe you have changed your mind about the wheels when the Cad is finnished:) That happened to my best friend. He built an outstanding 57 Chevy like 10 years ago , also with bigass 20" billet wheels. He switched to 15" steelies with Caddy hubcaps before the car was on the road. :) Hang in there!

22. Thanks guys. I have a lot going on right now. I'm looking for a warehouse so I can complete the car. I hope to start some more work soon.

23. bhead1968

bhead1968
    from so-fla

very nice.. look forward to seeing that sled around So Flo in the near future...

24. update
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. I stopped posting due to all the comments for members here but was told to post pics anyway just to show some work. So for those here want to see here ya go.

Antena1.jpg Antena2.jpg Antena3.jpg

back floor.jpg BACK FLOOR REMOVED.jpg Rear floor covers 4-link 2.jpg Rear floor covers 4-link.jpg

Driver side Floor 1.JPG Driver side Floor 2.JPG Driver side Floor 3.JPG Driver side Floor 4.JPG Driver Side Floor 5.JPG
    Fire wall 2.jpg Fire wall 3.jpg Bondo 1.jpg Bondo 2.jpg Finished firewall.jpg

Fender test fit for cut1.jpg Fender cut for front wheels.jpg Fender final cut.jpg Fender Well 1.jpg Fender Well 2.jpg Fender Well 4.jpg Fender Well 5.jpg Fender Well 7.jpg Fender Well 8.jpg

caddy down.jpg Front cut and down.jpg Full Mock up 1.jpg
    Got more detailed pic but just these for now. IF you got issue then just close this thread down.

Sauli likes this.
  26. Caddystew

Caddystew
    from East Texas

Keep posting!

27. Sauli

Sauli

Kudos to You taking on a big ol project of a Cadillac, and a fast pace at that! Good job.
    Nothing wrong w/the 4drs either, as long as You don't start shaving the rear handles or any other ornamentation of it, IMO.
    That engine is a work of art, the car looks awesome laid out the way You have. In keeping with it's character I'd personally spray it gloss black, w/the brightest chrome and black-tinted windows.
    Pay no attention to the naysayers.

28. Flat black for a while. Until I can get the chrome redone. Lots of cash needed for that chrome. Then a nice old color for the final paint job.

Sauli likes this.