Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The ALTERED thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loudbang, Mar 3, 2016.

1. loudbang

loudbang

If anybody out there would like to see your favorite car in here but you haven't quite figured out how to get photos of it found and posted send me a "conversation" (click on avatar photo of mine and hit start conversation) with the name of the car and or owner and I will do my best to find and post some photos if I can find any online.

2. My dad Gary in Jim Miles black Magic Muffler car [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900P using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  3. Where can I watch good footage on film at Lyons? I know there is some on You Tube but there is so many posts . I would love to see my dad race on film

4. Trouble Maker's Tea

Trouble Maker's Tea

5. I have the 3 disc set of LIONS CD's. Excellent!!! Anyone who was there will appreciate Don Gillespie's work on this set.

6. Thank you I found all three DVD's the collection I bought it on EBAY for $20 today . I'm looking forward in seeing it

7. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Still have the car.....

Early T at Lions.jpg

8. A Boner

A Boner

image.jpg Guess this hot rod is altered.

9. Am I seeing backward or is the drag link on the wrong side of that car.

Slick coupe by the way. :cool:

LOL look in the background, that's pure hell isn't it? Your ride fits right in here. ;)

loudbang likes this.
  10. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

11. I saw this photo on the thread and it sure looked like my dad in the picture because of the purple helmet and I was right the pic has been refurbished to bring back the color . The 2nd pic is him sitting in the car this is my picture [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Yes porkbeaner. My brother was the engineer?

13. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Saw this car win a fuel altered show at the Beach. The blown cars couldn't go straight, and your driver put a substantial hole shot on the other injected car (a roadster) in the final. Exactly like he told him he was going to in the staging lanes. A vivid memory from my misspent youth.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Trouble Maker's Tea

Trouble Maker's Tea

This is why Fuel Altered are still revered, the verity. The different chassis ideas, different bodies, different motors, it's cookie cutter.

loudbang likes this.
  15. Here is a different shot of my dad in the black Magic Muffler car one of the pic were in the Rodder's Journal very nice write up on the Magic Muffler car I called Austin Speed Shop and they had back issues they gave me 4 magazines for free to give to my kids Rocco was great and they do beautiful custom work[​IMG]

16. Lockjaw

Lockjaw

gunter bros was an inspiration when i built this car.when i raced it was drag car 006.jpg never considered an altered- but a door car because it had a roof! was a fun car but gone to a good new home.

17. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

18. Pure Hell in the pits , 1965. PureHellInThePitsAtFremont1965_zps30829cff.jpg

19. The Trip at Irwindale The Trip Irwindale 1968.jpg

20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That T of yours is one cool comp coupe, regardless of category
    The Gunter car was quite the inspiration, a really nicely finished car.
    Any chance you can give us some details on your car, I don't recall seeing it before.
    Curious what wheels are on the back.

21. Lockjaw

Lockjaw

DDDenny-my t ran an alcohol injected 383, turbo 350 and a 9" rear. rear wheels were american gusseted magnesium 5 spokes.it finally ran to fast for it's chassis ( 9.44@ 140 ) so it got retired. Tetanus II 015.jpg

22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That is exactly what I thought they were, about the only hint was the gussets, because of the photo not being very clear back there. Probably one of the rarest of all the vintage wheels. Again very cool car.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    jangleguy likes this.
  23. Burkholder Bros. 001A,-chassis-onder-constru.jpg 1st.-Car,-34-Ford-011.jpg 1st.-Car,-34-Ford-013.jpg

EVL401, cruiserjohn76, loner2 and 8 others like this.