Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New seats in the T.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by G V Gordon, Mar 6, 2016.

1. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Well new to the T. Found a pair of mid 50s MG TY seats on craigslist. Had to shorten the brackets but really like the way they fit. Original red leather. Cleaning and conditioning is next on the list.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920T using H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Nice, I'm keeping my eye out for those to.:cool:

3. Looks great George! Try Lexol on those, it will bring that leather back to like-new.

4. Those look good in your car, and they are a snug fit in a T. It's pretty amazing to find ones with good original leather covers. I recently found a pair of Austin-Healey buckets for the T I'm building. They're comfortable, and they fit great in the car.

5. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

We will call them "presentable" leather. Still not bad for being over 60yr old.

Sent from my SM-G920T using H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Orangeinterior014_zpsabc87734.jpg
    Here's mine. Recontured, and I made the bottoms. I think mine came out of an Austin Healey.

Jeff34 likes this.
  7. Zandoz

Zandoz

I wish back in the late '80s I'd known there would be a demand for the old MG/Austin Healey seats. Back in the '70s when I was rehabbing those cars, frequently one of the most popular requests was to put some modern seats in them. I ended up with 6-8 pairs in the attic of my mom's garage. When she said they had to go, they ended up in the trash.

8. Looking good George!

9. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.