Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP: Under floor HYDRAULIC CLUTCH pedal setup???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Mar 4, 2006.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

I thought hanging pedals was the answer for the modified but there is not enough room between the top of the cowl and the steering column. I really don't want to go to an automatic (which would easily solve the problem) but I can't seem to find a floor setup that works with a hydraulic clutch.

Ideas???

Have you done it? Photos?

Or how do I make linkage to run it mechanical?

2. HoB

HoB
    from Sweden

Maybe you can go for a Chevy Truck M/C ?

Attached Files:

3. Nimrod

Nimrod

Hey Kirk,

I built a setup in my model A with a mechanical clutch linkage. brake operates as normal with the master cylinder behind and pivots on the shaft which is pinned to the clutch pedal...so it rotates through the brake pedal arm and out the other side to an arm which pulls a rod attatched to the clutch fork. Everything moves through bronze bushings. It turned out nice, small and simple. I think some or all of the early Ford setups work the same way. I can't explain things well...so if you can't picture it sorry. The only photos I have of it are on paper, and I don't have a scanner.

-Jeff

4. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like pretty basic stuff but you need to give us something to go on-like what kind of car/chassis/engine? Is there room under (or on) the floor for a pair of master cylinders? Can you use aftermarket style pedals and cylinders? A buddy of mine has a deeply channelled '29 with cowl steering and we solved the problem with a pair of Wilwood pedal/cylinder assemblies mounted on the floor (which on this car is flush with the bottom of the frame).