Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Calli Tire. ............

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopped51, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Like a lot of you, I've used bias WWW from Coker. Radials from Diamond Back. No complaints. Currently I'm running bias on all my rides. But on my latest build, as it nears completion I started doing hours of research on tires. Decided to go outside my comfort zone. Ordered a full set of 205/75R 15 - Yokohama with a 3" WWW.
    I'm impressed. Top notch quality. Started with tires coming sealed in a couple heavy duty boxes. Outside of tire is completely smooth and the 3" WWW is perfect. As I'd heard from my research, the white does not go right to the bead. But it's damn close. I'm fine with it. Bottom line delivered to my driveway was $568. And that I like!
    Anyway, just hope this helps anyone else shopping for tires. Not saying it's the way to go. Just another option.

20160311_101403.jpg 20160311_101725.jpg 20160311_114256.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Nice looking tires.Let us know how they ride.

3. Very nice.... I've been looking at these myself. Keep us posted

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went hunting for info and found this video on how they do the whitewall on those.

5. JUSTJAY

JUSTJAY
    from LEFT COAST

GREAT TIRES THEY JUST MADE ME THIS SET FOR MY 62 #DISCONNECTED
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JUSTJAY

JUSTJAY
    from LEFT COAST

Hot tip never put silicone tire dressing on them they will turn brown fast, the silicone sucks the oil into the white walls

7. Yep got a bud that ordered some for his 60 Pontiac....nice tire , whitewall looks good, and they ride like like the radial tires they are

8. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I gotta say those are nice looking.

9. I don't know how the ride yet. But I'm optimistic. They took very little to balance. Ran nice and true on the balance machine.

10. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Wow, that is cheap. I need to look into these myself. Thanks for the heads up

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC