Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cool old pedal car/truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chris' 38, Mar 11, 2016.

1. chris' 38

chris' 38

image.png Saw this on clist this morning. Never saw one like it.

tierod likes this.
  2. This has to be pretty rare. very neat

3. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Based on the Garton Hot Rod but this one was the locomotive version. You can see the "cow catcher" on the front.
    Yes that is a pretty rare piece.

4. cool fine a Garton Casey Jones . built in the 1960s. Lot of missing parts, So be nice to build a Garton HOT ROD, witch is cooler, but that's just me. Check out the pedal car thread on here. Ill post a picture on there for you to find it. I hope you do a post on fixing it up thanks RON...

5. gar20[1].jpg

I was given one of those for Christmas many years ago. It is currently stored in my shed waiting for a rebuild. Speedway sells parts for them.

6. ChefMike

ChefMike

when they use to make things to last ! looks like its worth some cash

7. Chris I took the photos today of my Casey Jones pedal car, to show you what you can do with it if you chose. Just stripe the cab and train parts and make it a HOT ROD! much cooler. But that's just me. Ron... 051.jpg 052.jpg

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I found the HOT ROD version for cheap at a swap meet, then my buddy had to have it to build for his young son so I sold it to him for the same low price... the kid is about 25 now, and he never did get that pedal car.