Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP ... Jack Hagemann Sr.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HEMI32, Dec 9, 2010.

1. mcbay

mcbay

Sorry to hear about Jack. What a Great man and a great life.
    Anyone heard anymore about the Al Dal Porto roadster. Still kicking my self in the ass for not buying the project.

2. bob keith

bob keith

Jack built the body for my Kent Fuller dragster back in 1965. This was the second body he built for me. The first being the Dos Palmas car I ran in England in 1964. He was a real craftsman and will be missed. We will have a part of him with us for all time in the form of the truly fine bodies he created. My Fuller car is now in Australia where it will remain for all time. I have restored it to the state is was in when I raced it there in 1966. Bob Keith. Courtesy Chevrolet Spl. owned by Goodnight, Keith and Williamson.

HEMI32 likes this.
  3. bob keith

bob keith

Jack built two dragster bodies for me. The first was the Dos Palmas Machine Spl. which I ran in England in 1964 and the second was for my Kent Fuller dragster that I ran in England in 1965 and Australia in 1966. He was a master and made me two awsome bodies. My fuller car is now restored and lives in Australia. I am still looking for the Dos Palmas car which is somewhere in the Woodbridge/Manassas VA area. Sure would like to find it. Bob Keith[​IMG]

4. MikeD

MikeD
    from mass.

so, for years I have admired Jacks builds...just a sweet sort of look to his designs...got bit by it when I saw pics of 2 MG cars he did back in the early 50's...one called the David MG and the other called the Gillespie MG...spoke with Jacks son earlier this year as I am trying to locate either of those two cars, by he was a bit young at the time and didn't remember those cars or Bill David or Bob Gillespie....wondered if anyone out there knows of any leads or info on those cars....Thanks much...Mike

pm me at [email protected]

5. In 1949, Jack built what would become known as the "Woody Lee T" ... the car resurfaced in 2013 ... I took a few snapshots of it at the 2014 GNRS:

Woody Lee T @ '14 GNRS - Show Sign.JPG
    Woody Lee T @ '14 GNRS - 1.JPG
    Woody Lee T @ '14 GNRS - History Sign.JPG
    Woody Lee T @ '14 GNRS - 2.JPG
    Woody Lee T @ '14 GNRS - 3.JPG
    Woody Lee T @ '14 GNRS - 4.JPG
    Woody Lee T @ '14 GNRS - 5.JPG

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  6. jpm49c

jpm49c

Would like to get in touch with Jack Hagemann Jr. Anyone have an e-mail or phone # to reach him?
    I need some info on this Crosley powered Sports car his Dad built the body and maybe the frame from back in the late 50's or early 1960's. Thanks John​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  7. jpm49c

jpm49c

Jack Hagemann Sr. might have also built this Sports car called the UNICORN. Looks very similar.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  8. Dunkmack9

Dunkmack9

TC9866_143483084986309575ec7fbd9b4c32ee347555489a.jpg ATTACH=full]3112251[/ATTACH]
    Jack punched great louvers. Here are some (in barn find condition on the top of engine hood on an MG TC) punched by Jack in about 1951. Like the Woody Lee Special pictured just above in this thread, striped by another legend, Tommy the Greek, when they were both working in the same town (Oakland or San Leandro). And another (cleaned up) stripe detail pic. This is just one example of the beauty Jack Hagemann contributed to enthusiasts in the early days. For many years Jack raced a gorgeous "James Dean" Porsche at the Monterey Historics that he built entirely by hand. No attempt to label it the real deal, the Hagemann Porsche was the only "non-authentic" racer allowed in the Historics at Laguna Seca. It was allowed because Jack made it, and it was perfect.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  9. Burny

Burny

Lost a great one... I didn't know about the Haggeman 911...I know it's OT, but this car is amazing... I wonder how much Porsche engineers were influenced when they came out with the "new" mid-engined Boxer in '96? Haggeman-1.jpg Haggeman-2.jpg

10. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Check with Brizio Street Rods as I think Hagemann Jr still makes hoods for him?

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thoughts and prayers going out to his family and friends. Bob

12. Bob - Just an FYI ... This thread is more than five years old (i.e., Jack Sr. passed away December 6, 2010) ... That stated, I'm sure his family & friends appreciate the sentiment.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  13. jpm49c

jpm49c

Would still like to get in touch with Jack Hagemann Jr. Anyone have an e-mail or phone # to reach him?
    I need some info on this Crosley powered Sports car his Dad Jack Hagemann Sr. is said to have built the body and maybe the frame from back in the late 60's. Thanks!

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Google "Quality Design Engineering" Morgan Hill. Ca.

HEMI32 likes this.
  15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

This thread is 6 years old....

16. drumyn29

drumyn29

Bought something kind of cool, came off a gasser from he 60's. Original owner, he had Jack Hageman build the scoop.
    IMG_3082 2.jpeg IMG_3081.jpeg
    IMG_0967.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    HEMI32 likes this.