Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone usin' MORBEC Wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TriFiveChevyJohn, Sep 20, 2005.

1. TriFiveChevyJohn

TriFiveChevyJohn
    from TEXAS!

Hey y'all.:D

Just wonderin' if anybody is runnin' Morbec wheels on their rides?
    A buddy of mine found some at a local swap meet a while back, they look pretty cool, and my Pops tells me they were the berries back in the day.

Just curious.
    John:cool:

2. TriFiveChevyJohn

TriFiveChevyJohn
    from TEXAS!

Anyone?:confused:
    They are supposed to be from the D/FW area.

3. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

They were made in River Oaks Texas, which is part of Ft Worth. My father-in-law was mixed up with them back in the very end of the 60's.

With the built in center cap, they were a pain to mount on older tire machines. The valve stems were in the backside if I remember correctly too.

I still see some of them occasionally around here, usually at a Friday night show and shine on some geezers tri-5 Chevy.

There is always a guy running a "WTB Morbec" ad on the Dallas Craigslist if you wanted to turn them for a profit.

4. 2manyseats

2manyseats
    from London, UK

There is always a guy running a "WTB Morbec" ad on the Dallas Craigslist if you wanted to turn them for a profit.[/QUOTE]

I am that guy!!! Kind of figured it'd be cool to have the only set of Morbecs in England. I've only been offered 14" wheels so far but know there must be some 15"s out there somewhere. The wheels were re-manufactured in the late 80s and the guy who made them was called Perry Morrison hence Mor in Morbec. Last known address for Morbec was 1201 West Freeway Fort Worth 76102. So.....anyone on here got a set of 15" Morbecs for my '55 Handyman?

5. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

yea... they were only "the berries" to very few ppl that lived around here. Too much of a pain in the ass to me.

6. Anderson

Anderson

I think I saw that car at the swap meet this weekend...they looked like astros then I saw the weird ass centers. Didn't notice the valve stems though. Kinda cool wheels...

7. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

It's usually a grocery store parking lot show too. hahaha

8. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

Can anybody post a picture of one of these wheels? I'm drawing a blank on 'em.

9. 2manyseats

2manyseats
    from London, UK

Here's an original brochure - guess it'll give you an idea. I still think they're cool - who's got some to sell me?.

Attached Files:

10. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

Are those the ones with an aluminum center and a chromed steel rim? Often mistakenly identified as torque thrusts on egay?

11. 2manyseats

2manyseats
    from London, UK

Could be. The centres are cast aluminum and they are rivetted and sealed to steel rims. But as the fidgiter said, they look more like astros. So..... any out there?

12. meredre

meredre
    from fort worth

just bought a set of 14 inch morbecs 'wow beautyfull!!!!!!!!! these will go on my 67 ss chevelle they are in this town you just got to serch poppi

13. 81ttopcoupe

81ttopcoupe
    from Cedar Park

I would sure like to have a larger version of that brochure if you have the time and bandwidth available to send it to me.
    [email protected]
    Maybe I can keep my eyes open in the Austin, TX area for you.

14. meredre

meredre
    from fort worth

ill post pics of my actual wheels on my chevelle as soon as I can . yes close ups poppi

15. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

Man they were good looking, i always wanted a set for my 57 chevy when i was a teen but couldn't afford them!

16. stovebolt55

stovebolt55

I'm looking for a set of them. My uncle had them on his '55 back in the 70's. In the early 80's my uncle gave me several unfinished Morbec wheels, but I didn't keep them.

I will pay nicely for a clean set. I'm trying to build a replica of my uncle's car.

Please PM me if you have a set for sale, or know of some.
    I will pay a finders fee if I buy the wheels.
    I'm located in the D/FW area.

17. pikesan99

pikesan99

Found this post doing research for my story. Dig this 66 Chevy II Super Sport done up gasser style. It's got the Morbec wheels from this topic and it uses Murano Pearl in the Magenta (yea, freak'n pink!) custom paint. It looks fantastic.

66 Super Sport Gasser

18. nemlio65

nemlio65
    from northeast

19. 70cutlassvallejr

70cutlassvallejr

Well i am a 17 year old kid and heres some history fo you the morbec mag was remade in the 80′s and only ten sets were made my father Armando Valle, Sr bought the sixth of the last ten sets were made and even rarer ther are a special 14 in version these wheels are very rare and i am very glad to own these rimsWell i am a 17 year old kid and heres some history fo you the morbec mag was remade in the 80′s and only ten sets were made my father Armando Valle, Sr bought the sixth of the last ten sets were made and even rarer ther are a special 14 in version these wheels are very rare and i am very glad to own these rims

20. 70cutlassvallejr

70cutlassvallejr

also he no longer makes these anymore

21. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

22. classic L.B.

classic L.B.

got 14 s on my avitar 50 belair..kinda inherited the car and wheels from a best friend........ Paul Neice who we lost last Febuary .......... love ya brother speed on up there......

23. classic L.B.

classic L.B.

My wife has cancer so...have 4 nice 14 inch on my avatar...and 2 spares $3000 cash.as of ..3-10-16

24. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

nice lookin wheels... butt are they better than cragers or 'mericans ?

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

They look like 95 percent of all the other 5 spokes to me. And hard to mount? Gary

26. LTM75110

LTM75110

I have a business card I got at a swap meet in the Dallas area years ago from Perry Morrison.He told me they were going to remake the wheels. I Googled his name today and found an obituary ,That he had passed away in October of last year. RIP. I guess this makes them more rare today.