Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. loudbang

loudbang

You have to look behind the roadster to see the Bill's garage vette.

wild-rose-gennuso AA street roadster.jpg

2. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

By the number of pictures I have seen, looks like every 57 Corvette made was a race car at one time or another....lol

3. elgringo71

elgringo71

Not if you talk to the NCRS guys. They all have 100 percent correct numbers matching cars that have never been wrecked or altered. ;) Sorry Baron I couldn't resist.

4. firstgear

firstgear

5. firstgear

firstgear

6. jimdillon

jimdillon

Herb although I belong to the upstance coalition of the early Corvette militia your 60 is pretty nice stuff.

Baron you and Jason surely make pretty good points. During the 60s I cannot think of one stock 56/57 that I ran into, yet I knew of 7 that were drag raced locally. Then the owner of Midwest Auto told me of two others I did not know of that had W motors (one a Z11 427 and the other a 409). Since then I have run into another guy that has a W motor in one from back in the day. Plus just as an aside feel good story, one of the guys in my car club is pretty close to completing his 57 with a dual quad 409.

As to the numbers matching nonsense it is simply a ruse to get around the fact that guys are playing shell games with cars that are simply not original. If sworn affidavits were required that the car had the born with components a lot of this worthless BS would hopefully stop. Fat chance though with the present group of enthusiasts.

On a better note I am still curious about this 58-60. Does anyone know anything about the car? It is just not ringing any bells with me. A cool car-roll bar is quite distinctive. My guess would be 68ish since it is running gas instead of MSP and has stickier tires and still an upstance.

Vette -58-60-2.jpg

7. loudbang

loudbang

Well let's see if today's batch pass muster :rolleyes:

Man needs no intro BOW LAWS... great shot and an added bonus of the red one in the background

Bo Laws wheels up.jpg

This 1964 Corvette has a 327-ci engine, rated from the factory at 365 hp, backed by a Muncie M21 four-speed manual trans-mission and a 4.11:1 rear gear ratio. Not mine and don't know who it belongs to

1964 vette.jpg

Prussian? out of Connecticut Vette at dover

Prussian... vette.jpg

Unknown but nice paint

EDIT: from jimdillon this is Chris Lang's Malco Super Vette

Vette.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  8. elgringo71

elgringo71

Nice ones, they pass muster with me and here is another one to keep it moving.

image.jpeg

Bowtie Coupe, loudbang and Rat Sass like this.
  9. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

New England Dragway, early seventies. Sorry for the picture quality (or lack of it).

121%2061%205.jpg 121%2061%208.jpg 121%2064%2012.jpg

10. jimdillon

jimdillon

Nice pics guys. Loudbang the last of your pics that you label as unknown is Chris Lang's Malco Super Vette. He had several outstanding paint schemes.

loudbang and Rat Sass like this.
  11. Rat Sass

Rat Sass

Beautiful car firstgear! Love the induction system but how do you filter the air intake on your car?

loudbang likes this.
  12. loudbang

loudbang

good stuff added your info to the photo.

cruiserjohn76, 1947knuck and Rat Sass like this.
  13. loudbang

loudbang

forgot this one

The action at Dover Drag Strip was always worth the price of admission. Big-time match races were common, but the regular racing program offered plenty of excitement. In this photo, Gary Balfe’s Trap Tripper 1957 Chevy station wagon does battle against a hardlaunching, big-block Corvette. (Photo by T. O’Shea, Courtesy www. doverdragstrip.com)

dover 57 chevy.jpg

14. noboD

noboD

Chris Lang was a local. I know several guys that worked on the car, including a very good friend that traveled with him right after we got out of high school.

Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  15. loudbang

loudbang

Well you guys are on your own for a few days and I expect you all to behave while I'm gone. ;)

Got a 48hr "do what ever you want pass" so I'm heading for some R&R of the female and booze variety to get past my after action hyperness (is that a word? don't want Larry calling me out again LOL). Hopefully be back sunday sometime and not too wrecked to post more.

16. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope you have a great time. :)

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

[​IMG]
    From the Drag Cars in Motion thread

18. elgringo71

elgringo71

That's a very nice one.

Rat Sass and loudbang like this.
  19. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

That's a bad looking machine there.
    jp

Rat Sass and loudbang like this.
  20. jimdillon

jimdillon

Enloe the white 62 is Ken Clark's car which we have discussed in the past. It was raced out of Seaport Automotive at this time. I believe that is Sam Giannino's 57 in the background. I seem to see the word Executioner across the front panel. I believe this is late 1967 as the hardtop is removed (as he did for the nationals at Indy)and the trees are bare. Probably after Indy 67 where Giannino won classs (CM/SP), same as Clark's class. Would like to go back and watch these guys go at it once again.

Rat Sass, Bowtie Coupe, enloe and 3 others like this.
  21. mkebaird

mkebaird

Not a race car, but hot enough for me. Basket case, bought in '93, on the road in '03. 27-notmuchthere.jpg 31-front10mile.jpg

22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

My favorite combination ^^^^^^^^^
    Bein's you're not taking us with you, you'll make it up to us in some special little way right;)

loudbang likes this.
  23. elgringo71

elgringo71

24. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

another badass car

Rat Sass likes this.
  25. vetrod62

vetrod62

That looks a lot like my car, except it is a lot lower than mine in many, many ways. Radius-ed rear wheel wells and primed?? I guess they did not know fiberglass does not rust and if you knew what to do back then, the car would not squat. LOL. Go Rick Go. I like his enthusiasm.

loudbang and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  26. loudbang

loudbang

Well I barely made it back to HQ but I'm back. The fun started with a warp speed road trip and my partner in our "deadly duo on extended leave" got back at me for bumping the rev limiter in our undercover "G" ride IN HIGH GEAR. When the brakes stopped smoking he got me by introducing me to the pleasures of a fine American liqueur "Southern Comfort" and things went sideways thereafter :confused: I see that the HAMB is still up and running so I guess you guys behaved yourselves.

Can't say the same for myself LOL I didn't think about you guys much as I'm sure some of you remember there were only two things on my agenda and they weren't food and water. :rolleyes: Lucky for us we were in a country where those two things are in abundant supply.

Things went well until the trip home when I discovered I had eaten some bad chow or something and I had a case of the screaming race to the head disease. Well at least it held off until the trip home.

My boss was coming to my living quarters to tell me I must be malingering because I got "sick" right at the end of my 48 hours. LOL he made it to opening my door while I was in the act of not trying to scream like a little girl, while doing my best warthog imitation, while everything I ate over that 48 hours and more came exploding out my body. As he was backing out the door he yelled "I guess you really are sick NOBODY could fake that noxious, lethal, sickening, cloud of smell coming out of the head.

So I'm back and will be getting more photos up later tonight.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    cruiserjohn76, 1947knuck and enloe like this.
  27. loudbang

loudbang

Well sorry guys a lot of searching today and only found one. Will find more tomorrow I'm sure.

Pete Arend's Mongoose

Pete Arend was better known for racing his Corvette in the AA/MSP class in the NHRA, but the lure of match racing for money called. The highly altered Corvette featured a setback engine that left Arend very little leg room in the already tight confines of the Corvette. The Mongoose had the perfect look of the match basher: a jacked up stance and mile high injector stacks. The Corvette was not raced as a match basher for long because it became outdated very quickly. A new Corvair raced by Buck Campbell replaced the Corvette. (Photo by Roger Swanson, courtesy of www.georgiadragracing.com ; info from Draglist files)

pete Arend.jpg

28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

30. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.