Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tetanus Tornado, 56 Chevy 13 sec for $1300 build!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scoggman, Jan 1, 2016.

1. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

Holy hell man... hate to hear this for you, your friends and the Model A...

2. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Amen to that, glad you survived to tell the story.

3. "Yeah, I promised my wife I would do all I can not to die doing this"

Good thing you made that promise

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Dang! Please tell us Mr. DUI was at least insured? Wish I could help, but I've already donated parts to another HAMBER'S project. Maybe post what you could use, and see if anyone can help you out? Looks like you also broke your nose; I'm guessing C.A.T. Scans were done (It's what I used to do). Usually, staples are't used on the face; usually lots and smaller sutures to limit scarring. What's this about an overdrive Powerglide? This a Powerglide with a Gear Vendors attached?
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  5. Wow, you took a good knock to the head! Hope your recovery is quick and can get back to normal activities.

6. loudbang

loudbang

Man that had to smart just a bit. Going to use seat belts from now on?

7. Damn scar will suck. big time. As said, hope that f#ck is insured for your sake, and your future pretty face. Given time, they can go in and polish that up pretty well. Keep it as clean as possible. I'm sure you have already had better advice ... regarding that. Good luck man. Guessing you also had a tetanus shot too. Geez .... the irony and bullsh#t with this .... heal well sir. You're a really lucky guy. Hero posting and everything after that spill. WOW.

loudbang likes this.
  8. malibumonte78

malibumonte78

Ouch! I was waiting for your update on how the tetanus work day went, but I was not expecting this!. Hope everyone heals up fine and is able to get back on your project and enjoy it.

9. wicarnut

wicarnut

Just a suggestion, consult w/ another Dr. On your injury repair. I had the misfortune of a 2 facial injuries years ago, #1 the Dr.in the ER called in a Dr that was choosing Plastic Surgery for his speciality and he spent several hours putting my face back together and turned out well. #2 ER Dr. Sewed me up, sent me home and the next day, thought does not look good, went to my GP Dr. For a second opinion and he said, Who did this, yourself ? Sent me to a plastic surgeon and they took it apart and redid it, turned out well. My Dr. Wrote a letter to hospital that did the bad fix. Not a DR. Do not know the extent of your injury, but every operation, I've had and they used staples, definitely left a mark. Best wishes for a speedy recovery !

loudbang, kidcampbell71 and patmanta like this.
  10. That looks like it really smarts! Ive got no sympathy for drunk drivers. In Arkansas if all he has is the required minium insurance. It will not cover hardly anything. $25,000 property damage and $25,000 bodily injury. That will not pay for diddly squat. I always buy uninsured & underinsured motorist coverage. That,s make you insurance company liable and they have to squeeze the money from the at fault individual or his insurer.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Just where did the ambulance take you? Office Depot? Seems like they could have used some super glue I mean it works great sticking fingers together. Well, at least staples are "traditional". Praying for speedy recovery.

loudbang, wvenfield and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. scoggman

scoggman

Hey guys I appreciated the thoughts, prayers and well wishes. I know that is what is getting us through .Been a pretty rough day, pretty nauseous, shooting pains, can't see straight and my little girl is afraid of the way I look...... one day at a time....keep prayin if you would! Thanks Jon

13. Budget36

Budget36

X2...Oh my.

14. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Really sorry to see this.I wish you a rapid and complete recovery.

15. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Wow! That us really a turn of events! I hope the extent of your injuries are only skin deep. This could have been so much worse. Best wishes and prayers for a quick and painless recovery.

16. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. The build will wait while you heal.

17. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Wow! Praying for a solid recovery for you guys! Love the build. Looking forward to seeing you get back to it.

18. Man O man, sorry to hear of this. Prayers are rolling for you, your family, and your buddies.

hendelec likes this.
  19. prayers from over here, too, man that sucks! get well as soon as you can..

20. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Please go visit a plastic surgeon

greaser likes this.
  21. Oh shit, I'm very sorry for you and your friends. I enjoy your thread a lot and you sounded so upbeat, it was inspiring.
    Now this, but I guess that's life!

I looked like you many years ago after I had been smashed by six guys who were out for trouble after a punk concert. I had to undergo head surgery and I have a similar scar like yours on my head.
    I was also worried about my looks, but my father always said: "A scar like that makes you more interesting for the girls." Looking back, I guess he was right.

loudbang likes this.
  22. Fadi

Fadi

Wow.

Wow. That pic with the staples was not what I was expecting next as I was cruising through this thread. I just thought this was a neat story, then reality crashed in pretty hard. I cant believe you (and the "A", of course) got smashed up so bad. It could have been crazy worse, and I'm glad it wasn't

Head injuries are no joke, and I hope to see you continue to heal and fully recover. Cars are cool, but I think you're due some time off to make sure everything is back where it belongs.

(Of course if you have good friends they'll still be cranking away on the car and sending you pics to rub it in.)

loudbang likes this.
  23. mjlangley

mjlangley
    from SE MI

Holy Crap is right! Glad everyone was ok...

24. greaser

greaser

Hey, Jon.... It's been a couple weeks, so I just wanted to check in on you.
    Hope you and your buddies are healing well, and the pain is subsiding somewhat.
    Speedy recovery for you guys!

25. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I know where White Hall is and it gets scary late at night. lol I hope they put this DWI driver stays locked up for a while. 25 k won't fix your pain but might cover your bills. I had the same type of scar on my forehead when my wreck took my scalp and took it to the top of my head. As I've gotten older the wrinkles have covered the scar up.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  26. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

I am praying for you. So glad you guys survived that accident. Please take the advice so many have said and get a second opinion on how your procedure was handled and the condition you are in. Hope you are feeling better and please give us an update when you feel up to it. Glory be to God that you survived!

hendelec, Thor1 and timmy2times like this.
  27. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

Add another zero and you'll be in the hunt. Ain't hapnen for 1300. No way in hell. Cool idea for a build tho, low buck builds rule.

28. mike bowling

mike bowling

Hang in there, boys; the cars will wait. Hope you all are getting better with each day.

29. old sparks

old sparks

What the hxll? Normally I would be the last person to say this but get a lawyer. Not only the dwi idiot but the butcher that stapled you up needs to empty his wallet. I just had some stuff cut of my face ( not to your extreme extent) and the doc glued me back together. Did`nt make me any prettier but there wasn't much to start with. That lawyer will take one look at you and start drooling

30. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!