Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from California

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RockabillyRebel95, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Hey there, my name is Chris and I was referred to the H.A.M.B by some guy I met who was riding around and an early 60's Mercedes, can't remember the year. I recently bought my first project, a 1954 Ford Mainline. Being my first project I'm flying fairly blind, thanks to the internet and some local networking I have gained some knowledge but there seems to be no end to this stuff. The mainline is in rough condition but is still above a rat rod. Luckily I don't have to worry about keeping it strictly original, one of the previous owners put a 302 out of an early mustang in it so I feel better about mixing it up when I need to. Anyways any tips and help or criticism is welcome, will post pictures in the future.

Habitual likes this.
  2. Here are some photos
    IMAG0023.jpg IMAG0021.jpg IMAG0022.jpg IMAG0017.jpg IMAG0018.jpg

3. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from Colorado

4. thank you thank you, one of the best movies ever in your signature by the way

5. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

I was named Elwood after my dad, it was pure hell in school until the Blue's Brothers movie was released:cool:

wraymen likes this.
  6. Welcome from Kingman az.
    Do you have trim and grill pieces for your car?

7. Habitual

Habitual

Great find. I did as you found a 49 4dr Chevy fleetline to work on. All original and all there. Your paint looks better than mine though.

Sent from my SM-T310 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Habitual

Habitual

My son got his new orders to be stationed in California. Told him there are tons of hot rodders there.

Sent from my SM-T310 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. welcome here, nice ride! have fun!

10. yeah I do, I also fixed that car issue, thanks for the help on that

11. thanks! and its just spray painted for now planning on having it run strong before working on the looks