Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moved to Denton, TX. Saying Hello

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DELUXEHOTRODS, Feb 2, 2016.

1. DELUXEHOTRODS

DELUXEHOTRODS
    from DENTON< TX

Moved my Shop to Denton, TX. Just saying Hello on The H.A.M.B. Looking for Get togethers and shows around Denton, TX.

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. I am not on the list for shows that far north but there are many. Someone else should have good info for you as there are many on the HAMB around Austin & Dallas. Not sure where you are moving from.
    One thing coming up though is the Pate Swap Meet held at the Texas Motor Speedway held last weekend of April each year. It is Thursday thru Sunday with Thursday being Vendor set up day so best days are Friday & Saturday for buyers as many vendors pack up early Sunday & head home.
    Our local chapter (region) of the AACA in Victoria is one of the owner/sponsor's of this huge event. I will be working most of those days. Going up Wendsay to set up tent shelters at all the public & vendor gates & working various other jobs around the Vendor gates thru the meet. Around 8 to 9K vendor spaces & it is always almost always a sellout on these spaces.
    I will be attending a meeting up there this month to get the scoop on all the what's new things for this year. Antique cars & motorcycles, muscle & vintage cars, parts etc. & a car corral.
    It totally fills up the HUGE south parking lot.

Jimmie

3. DELUXEHOTRODS

DELUXEHOTRODS
    from DENTON< TX

Thanks Jimmie for the Info. I will mark it down on my Calendar.

Jesse

4. pecker head

pecker head

PISTONS AND PAINT . November , North Texas Fairgrounds. Welcome

5. Great town . Lived there for 20 years . Lots of rods and motorcycles . Like previous mentioned go to pate and of course to LSR is not that far . Enjoy, Blue

6. DELUXEHOTRODS

DELUXEHOTRODS
    from DENTON< TX

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Jesse

7. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi again. Just wanted to add if you want a nice trip drive over to Bridgeport which is just a bit west of Denton & go out to eat ay Yesterday's Diner on Hwy 380 in Bridgeport. They have a great 50's theme with lots of movie & car décor all in the diner. Great food also & reasonable prices. Well worth the trip. On April 16 they are also having their 13th annual Retro Blast Cruise & Tunes & car show. If you need info on the event on the 16 call them at 940 683 6620. I just found them by accident this past weekend & no way could I have stumbled into a better place.
    Jimmie

8. Good guys is this coming weekend and the Motor speedway. Just south on 35W can't miss it.