Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Crazy Legs My 54 Ford Build Thread - Old Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazy Legs, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Hey lownslow54, they are S10 flipped around, don't forget they will need to be re-drilled for the Ford taper if using the balljoints etc like I did.

2. TS057

TS057
    from Fargo, ND
    1. shoe box hambers

Crazy Legs - how did you add the radius on the inside corners of your gauge panel? Also, what made you decide to go bag-over-axle instead of bag-on-bar for the rear?

3. No Plan

No Plan

TSO57...if I might answer that question about the air bags.... I helped on that car a little; honestly, we didn't know any better. Room was thee major factor. He needed to run the back seat & floor so we put them on the axle...Rides great...but would be interesting to see if it would have been better on the bars. He didn't need any extra lift so it came out fine....I'm starting to work on a 59 El Camino, & it's going to be "on the bar", but that's the way the springs are mounted oem... I would say if you have the room it's probably the best way, especially if you are doing a truck....I love it all! Have fun!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  4. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

5. lownslow54

lownslow54

@crazylegs, thank you for the post . I too am using flipped s-10 but have positive camber. Are you running into the same issue ? Thank you

6. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Hey lownslow 54, sorry for the late response I hardly check this stuff - I'm drawing a blank on what I did but if I remember right I swear I flipped the top control arms side to side to fix this, I can't remember what my caster right now but I know its not positive. I've been well over 110mph with no issues with speed.

7. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

A little update, took the 54 to Des Moines Goodguys and had an electrical issue at the show, luckily it didn't burn the car to the ground.... Long story short the interior guy cut through the main power wire with utility knife and poorly spliced it back together and obviously never told me and it had a ton of resistance and burn in two.... So I had to redo a ton of wiring in the car cuz I didnt' want to just splice in new wires.
    Anyway, we went to Council Bluffs in the car to the Ice Cream cruise and 486 miles later, 18 mpg at 80 mph almost the whole way and no issues makes everyone smile :) Here's a few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quick fiz can'd some satin black on the trunk lid just make it blend it a bit better.... bodywork not near finish paint ready but it was good enough for that.
    Top is ready for paint but my dad is busy on his projects currently, so I through the trim back on and this is how it is at this point.

8. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Great pic, that's Family Fun right there .... I've seen the cars that run around Omaha with all the past Ice Cream Cruise decals on and I can say with certainty, you had the coolest car on that cruise.

9. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

lol thanks, it was funny watching all the people (old and young) walking by it, most people had no clue what they were looking at but some thought it was cool.
    It really blew my mind when I met a couple of people from the HAMB at the ICC.

54delray likes this.
  10. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I missed the ICC cruise this year cause I had to help my boy move. It`s an interesting show to attend to say the least. Just last week I had to repair wiring in a Corvette where some one ran wires under the seat track. Now he knows where the smoke was coming from. Added a bunch of Dynamatt also. Talked to the guy with the Model A pick up, his Eastwood brand sound deadner still drips threw his unsealed seams on his bottom side of his cab. 4 years after it was built. Have you had any problems with your Eastwood sound deadner.

11. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

yeah your right on the money when you say "interesting show" - We are big into drag racing so the main reason we go is for the night no prep race and the drag racing on Sunday.
    Yes if my Eastwood sound deadener gets hot, it runs and oozes out of everything. I won't be using it when I do the headliner that's for sure......

stanlow69 likes this.