Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features IOLA SWAPMEET HELP

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by terry k, Mar 7, 2016.

1. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

I would like to make my first trip to Iola Wi. swapmeet this year. Could use some help as to where to stay that is close, as I think I should make reservations asap. Any help and /or suggestions would be appreciated. Terry

2. Tetanus

Tetanus

hotel in wapaca or surrounding areas,they do have nice camping on site

3. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

A lot of rooms in Stevens Point WI. A ton of vehicles and swappers stay in the area. Only about a very pleasant half hour drive to the Iola grounds. Give the Stevens Point Visitors Center a call at 715-344-2556. They will help you a ton ....

4. BJR

BJR

We always stay at the campground. Hot showers and brick sxxt houses.

micamountain and Tuck like this.

5. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

It used to be you had to reserve a room a year in advance but it has been easier the last few years.

6. Squablow

Squablow

Start calling now, lots of guys keep the same hotel room year after year and just re-book it on their way out Sunday, so you might not be super close. The town of Iola is tiny and a little isolated.

It's a great swap meet though, you could spend 3 days looking at everything if you take your time, and that's just the swap part. It has cooled off the past few years but judging by the early swaps I've been to this year it's going to be on fire again.

7. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I've stayed at the Blue Roof in Stevens point, camped outside the grounds at that camp site next to the swap and inside. I think I prefer to camp inside the grounds in our space. If you bring stuff to swap and get a space you can camp right there in your spot FYI- We go to the local high school and shower- its great!

8. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

They have a nice campground next door. Huge swap, lot's of fun.

9. 56pickup

56pickup
    from Wisconsin

Normally we stay in stevens point. Not too far away and you can find a room for a decent price

10. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I usually stay in the on site campground, but last year I made an unexpected trip to Iola to meet a guy who brought me an engine I needed. I found a room in Waupaca on very short notice. I recommend that area as an alternative if you have difficulty in the other communities.

Ray

11. Camp grounds for sure. Been staying there for years.

12. titus

titus

Stevens point is where wed stay of we stayed two days, lately weve driven out early, stayed the day then went home, gonna try for 2 days again this year.

jeff

13. 54stude

54stude

Just a FYI, the swap really starts to slow down by noon on Saturday, so come early!

14. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Make sure you have water, sunscreen and good shoes!

15. I'm planning on being a first timer there as well... will likely camp. Not much on hotels when it's warm...

16. rustang

rustang

The swap has change a little in the last few years... Thursday/Friday are the big days and swappers start to close up Saturday afternoon now....
    Stevens Point is a great place for hotels, and have a number of good restaurants... Have fun!

17. The show has been getting strange over the years. I keep going back and forth with my self if i want to skip it and go up to Back to the 50's. I'm to young to do both my family is still young. This year I'm going to iola for sure.

18. camp ground for iola, only way to do it

19. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

iola greatest show on earth, do pancakes in morning ,
    chicken in afternoon
    and swap till you drop in between

20. careful saying that, it's hot that time a year

21. Get there as early as you can, Thursday & friday are the best days. I recommend one of those safari hats with the brim that goes all the way around. Who cares if you look like an idiot, the back of your neck will thank you. Bring a back pack with some water bottles.

If you buy something heavy, you can rent a boy scout with a cart and they can help transport it for ya. Iola is great. I'm 31, been going there for over half my life. My dad has had a swap space since the 80's

22. flatjack

flatjack

In my opinion, the people that run that show are ruining it and I have been going for over 25 years. If it wasn't for all the people I see there, I would stay home.

23. flatjack.....you are 100% right, lawyer and some investor dork i heard....not car guys. heard lots of vendors last year saying it's there last because of that. Not to put a dim light on it, i'll still be there!

It's always fun, good deals to be found. camping, camp fire with a few beer and good friends

24. Bphotrod

Bphotrod
    from da U.P.

I always stay in Green Bay. 40 minutes away and never any problem finding a room.

25. I think I've been going since 97 and it gets pretty empty mid day Saturday its a bummer for sure.

26. finn

finn

Wausau is cheaper, with more rooms available, albeit a little farther drive.

27. 30th year for me
    we have camped in our spot for 20 of those years
    10 years we stayed in stevens point but the raised the prices so much we stopped
    e16-18 is where we have been the whole time
    we are leaving friday so i can go to a vintage go kart race saturday
    tk

28. cs39ford

cs39ford

I have stayed in my spots in swap meet over 30 years R34 35. Always went home sat night after 6 pm. Should be the same but may have to get home sat. We will see