Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Cars and yard work

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptop40, Mar 6, 2016.

1. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got my bushes trimmed and thought , make a nice pic..here it is

2. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

there are few things in life I like more than a nicely trimmed bush.

4. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I would have trimmed them at ground level like I did for some apple trees..

5. Yes sir,always aesthetically pleasing to the eye!:D HRP

lothiandon1940 and falcongeorge like this.
  6. I would have cleaned up the mess on the ground.

clem, timwhit and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Is your name Hal?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I thought it was gunna be a hot rod truck full of clippings.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

wojojo likes this.
  9. putz

putz
    from wisc.

now the neighbors will see all the treasures !

10. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I spent last summer putting a patio in my back and side yard. Yeah patio...
    10850009_10153351354324437_594726224344218845_n.jpg

exterminator, Tiny, LOU WELLS and 5 others like this.
  11. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

When I do that I always find a few car parts I pitched in there.

wojojo and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Well done. Now we can see the car better. Good to see that you didn't waste any valuable wrench time cleaning up. Yard work is a time bandit!

Jmorton27 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. The table cloth really ties it all together. :) Design king !!

tb33anda3rd and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. What is that stuff? Is it indigenous to the Houston area or is that one of those invasive species?:D

15. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't know what the hell it is, makes a great living wall though...construction storage yard on the other side , I don't see anything.....well as long as I prune it , it really fills in nice.....one in the hand is worth ...two car parts in the bush.....ha ha ha ha

chevy57dude and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  16. I have a landscaping service that does the spring and fall clean ups and cuts the grass, definitely worth it. Me and my sons do the bush trimming and other stuff, goes quick.

When I had my stock cars... the busier I was with them, the worse the yard looked. I would cut only the front to keep the town officials at bay.

17. After yard work, it's good to go for a cruise!

[​IMG]

18. Very well said, ha-ha!

19. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

My wife planted some Bamboo......

20. One of the "dirty dozen" invasive plants. Some towns by me have it outlawed. But great shit is you like next to a dirtbag... although they may not even notice....

21. Yep and not as bad to stick you in the eye or tickle your nose. :D

Speedwrench likes this.
  22. Gman0046

Gman0046

Unfortunately there's more to life then working on old cars. Yard work is a PITA.

Gary

Bruce Fischer and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. LOL I am hoping that spring holds off here for a while. I got an acre of grass and weeds to keep chopped down not to mention the flower beds. Gonna be a real bitch this year I am afraid.

LOL we planted bamboo along the fence once when we had a neighbor that was a prick. He bitched about seeing my old heap in the back yard to the HOA. he wanted me to put up a privacy fence. The HOA said that if I would plat a shrub or plat that would grow at least 6' high along the fence that would be fine. Well bamboo grows dense and tall. LOL.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  24. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

LOL we planted bamboo along the fence once when we had a neighbor that was a prick. He bitched about seeing my old heap in the back yard to the HOA. he wanted me to put up a privacy fence. The HOA said that if I would plat a shrub or plat that would grow at least 6' high along the fence that would be fine. Well bamboo grows dense and tall. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the dam shit travels underground and bing up comes another unless you mow constantly, dry spell with no mowing and next thing ya know ya got another national forest growing...

25. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

I think Men who bitch about old cars Are QUEERS No Balls mommys boy Queers

26. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's good to see Danny is starting to feel better! ;)

27. Yeah but the dam shit travels underground and bing up comes another unless you mow constantly, dry spell with no mowing and next thing ya know ya got another national forest growing...[/QUOTE]
    Well its hard to control. They got a rule that you have to keep your yard mowed here and the code Nazis will be all over your ass if you don't.

lots of people have their flowers along the fence for some reason.

I got another neighbor with "endangered" thistles. When I first came back from Mexico I rented a place. I didn't have a lawn mower yet but was going to get one my first payday which was two weeks away. This particular neighbor had one of those better homes and gardens yards. Anyway I am in the house a week and I get a notice 2 says or they'll mow it for me at a cost of 200 dollars. When I called about it they said that they got a tip about my yard. I borrowed a mower and found out who turned me in.

Long story short I knew where there were some of these thistles growing, and cut some and sprinkled thistle seeds all over his yard. Then when they started to come up I called conservation to tell them about the thistles. they sent a guy out and sure enough they could not be cut or killed, but the guy did get a little plack to put in his yard. :D

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  28. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

I have a prick that lives next door to me. He has all types of trash and crap laying all over his yard. A real eyesore and he's an A__hole to boot. My wife any I bit the bullet and put up an 8'tall stockade fence running the whole length of the property. It was expensive but worth the privacy. Oh yeah, we have the "Nice side" facing us!

29. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I hate bamboo, vines, and blackberry, since they all grow in my yard. Years of other people's laziness has made the problem hard to control, I've even had landscapers who didn't want to deal with it.

30. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

A mix of Roundup and 24D in a sprayer will fix just about any "green problems" right up.

INVISIBLEKID likes this.