Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Van Go. Church's customized econoline evolution in 1/64

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Church, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I kinda dug a hole and crawled in it and disappeared for a while when my mom got sick last year. Her 5 year death sentence only lasted 9 months. Just lost her in January. These lil toy vans are the first breath of fresh air I've had since then. I wish she could have seen them.

M2 Machines and I collaborated on a mini version of Van Go. The project changed multiple times, had several delays, and evolved over a 5 year process. Considering the company was sold in October, I doubted if they would ever come out.

The first in the series of 3 is white. Like when I got it (minus the dents), ..... only lower. Van Go is bagged (gasp), so this must be ride height. Haha. This version is basically stock. Stock interior, stock bumpers, stock door hinges, stock body lines and gas cap, and right on down the line.

I figured M2 Machines would use this version, and simply change the paint to match, but that's not what happened. 2nd is the primer version, right before paint. They filled the body lines, replicated the split bumpers, 50 pontiac tail lights, filled the gas access, relocated the license plate, filled the turn signals, and removed the hinges. Did they stop there? NOPE! They recreated the interior! Although it's not wood, they made the custom seats, custom engine cover, holes in the doors where I put my magazines, the hump over the rear wheel and so forth. Did I mention this is all in 1/64?

Final version his all the above, and matched Conder Custom paint. Here's a peak.

H1.jpg H2.jpg H3.jpg H4.jpg H5.jpg

Cooon, Jimmy B, TFoch and 5 others like this.
  2. Well the toys are cool and I a sorry to hear that you lost your mom.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

So sorry to hear about your Mom, Coby. The Miniature VanGo is awesome! When & how can I get my dirty mitts on one? Cheers mate, CraigR (Vandoleros)

porknbeaner likes this.

4. Sorry to read of your Moms passing.

The models came out neat.

5. Burny

Burny

6. Special Ed

Special Ed

That's slick, man. Good to see you back on here ... :cool:

7. Vans are cool. Sorry for the loss of your Mom. :(

8. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. That has got to be the worst. Your Vans are really cool. There is a lot to be proud of there.

9. Sorry about your mom.
    These models are badass

10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

sorry about your Mom man..... the toy van is cool and I am sure she can see it from where she is

11. Sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom. Toy vans look cool!

12. Losing Mom is hard...lost mine when she was 55 from that ugly disease called cancer...its was the hardest thing I've ever dealt with so far in my life...but things get better, and remember she would want you to get on livin...
    I can't wait to get the Van-go...

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

So So sorry to hear you lost your Mom. Not easy to wrap are minds around losing a loved one. Your miniatures came out sweet, Mom is still looking after you! Joe