Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Grill design ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 01mikep, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Olmikep, I really like your car. Looks wicked. No grill or grill.

2. rfraze

rfraze

Lots of great answers for you, so far. Since you answered radiator, I'm assuming it will be driven. What is the plan for that front spring?

3. 01mikep

01mikep
    from California

Rfraze, you are correct, feedback has been very helpful. I think I will go with a stainless mesh for the grill on this one. And it will be street driven until I can decide how to use a period style roll bar that will still pass tech and still be visually "right" for the car.

As far as the spring (read here http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...e-spring-shackle-angle.1007851/#post-11376512 ). I'll stick with this one. I get 39 degree shackles and 4 inches of down travel with no contact. My shocks only give me 2 1/2 inches up and down so I can't get down 4 inches anyway.

4. rfraze

rfraze

As far as the spring (read here http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...e-spring-shackle-angle.1007851/#post-11376512 ). I'll stick with this one. I get 39 degree shackles and 4 inches of down travel with no contact. My shocks only give me 2 1/2 inches up and down so I can't get down 4 inches anyway.[/QUOTE]
    You're saying 4" of travel til the shackles bind? This thing is going to be stiff the way that spring is shaped. Best of luck.

5. deuce1932

deuce1932
    from Australia

me likey...& cool pick to boot...

6. 01mikep

01mikep
    from California

Well, I went with a stainless mesh material. HAMBer Bert Kollar had some left over from a project and made me a fair deal on it. Let me know what you think. Oh, I added color too. Seat back is just mocked up, it will go down a few inches.
    image.jpeg

7. clem

clem

Yes, most louvers are beside or behind the engine to let heat escape. Having them on the front would restrict airflow considerably.

8. clem

clem

Looks good.

9. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

How about another refrigerator rack... **clic the pic** 093.JPG

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Here's mine, cut from 1mm stainless by hand with a manual hole punch. Days of work, and I hardly used it because of overheating . Now I have a decent rad I might fit it back on again. I like the look.

[​IMG]