Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rudy built 32 coupe on ebay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pickle, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

man that car makes my skin itch, i wish i had the coin for such a beautiful car:eek: i think it will go well over 100k:eek: thanks for sharing

2. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Sometimes I'm not as excited by the 1932 Ford's as everyone else. Then I see something like this or 3 Window Larry's car. It pretty much cures my previous lack of excitement. Those cars are beyond gorgeous.

3. This is the car "The Gooch" found & bought a few years ago isn't it?

Gooch still own it? He got banned here if I remember correctly.

Gorgeous car.

JH

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That's the car. The history he has amassed in unreal. He deserves every penny.

5. the car is amazing .. seen it in person .. watched it get (re)built .... very nice car ..... (hair standing up on my arms!!!)

6. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

I never thought Paul would sell this one...........to much of a super history to let go.

7. Muttley

Muttley

Awesome car.:cool: Awful color.:eek:

8. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I have to agree there...the color kills it for me...
    That guy has some nice stuff...except for the bags..lolol

Rudy is a true RULER!

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Thanks unclescooby...I haven't called Paul yet to find out why he's sellin' it, but I'm sure it's probably to finance a new project. Donna asked me if I'd ever sell mine and I told her if someone were to offer stupid money for it, it's gone! You can always build another one.:rolleyes:

10. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Paul "The Gooch" only planned on seeing it though it's restoration and now that it's done it's time for a new home. He has a young family and a BRAND new son so he's not some rich guy that can add it to the fleet. He love's the car and hates to see it go. Almost better to quietly let it go rather than rub the sore spot he has at this point. He will build other cool cars, this one was just taken so far because of the history he wanted to preserve.

11. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

I sold a 33 5w to Rudy. he and paul came up to San Jose to get it from my inlaws house where I dropped it off. Never met paul but was really nice on the phone. Has anyone seen it lately?

12. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

He sent me a pic of the chassis and i think your 33 is in the background sitting in his shop unfinished yet.

13. jello

jello
    from boise Id

I emailed him for more photos and he sent me this:
    sweet lord
    [​IMG]

14. sling392shot

sling392shot

Just my USD $0.02, Larry's car cures most Rodders needs!!! and if it don't get your pulse checked!!! :)

Ash

15. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Jello, I now have a new desktop background:)

16. jello

jello
    from boise Id

someone must have "taken their gloves off" because it is not for sale anymore.
    simply amazing, I wonder who got it and (gulp) for how much.

17. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I went out the high bidder!!!

18. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I noticed it ended early yesterday. So who bought it, and being nosey what did it change hands for?

Somebody is a lucky lucky fella.

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I called Paul yesterday and we talked about the car and JimA was right...Paul wanted to make sure the coupe was restored and preserved for history's sake. It went to a Cali collector...and no it wasn't cheap...

20. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:D

I do not know IF I could have sold it..........after all the work and effort...
    Paul has to be proud of saving the coupe ..........but sad that it went somewhere else.......

I got a guy throwing money at me for my 3W :eek:
    But I will see it finished....and keep it .....

21. jello

jello
    from boise Id

I emailed the owner a few times and told him I loved the car and wondered about how they set up the rear end. I cant really afford a quickchange but I love the way they hung the spring in the front. He sent me several shots of how they did it and gave a detailed description of it. Turns out they used the Smith Brothers right here in Boise (down the street in Nampa) for the rear end. I hope to have my A coupe on the road by the end of summer with some of these ideas

That car belongs in a glass case. I dont think I have ever actually seen a car like this in person

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]