Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage FORGED Magazine Fall 2015 Premier Issue

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Joker, Oct 22, 2015.

1. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

OK, I cheated,,, while walking the many isles of SEMA I spotted a stack of Forged and surprise of surprises the girl said 'Take One" YEA! worth the price of admission. (I wont say what I had to do to get in, by my badge didn't say Media or Buyer,,,)

2. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

Picked it up a couple weeks ago. Great mag ! Gonna have to get a sub for it.

3. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

I just ordered cant wait to get it. Looks like my cup of tea! Have a good Thanksgiving Pray for Peace!!

4. I stumbled on this magazine today at the grocery store newsstand. At first I expected it to be another "rat rod" mag, but it turns out that it is a kick ass mag. Great articles and features, and plenty of top notch photos by Tim Sutton. Definitely grab a copy if you can find it.

5. ...just thot I'd mention this, picked up the latest issue of Vintage Motorsports the other day, usually don't but always flip thru it to check it out.
    This issue has a neat article (7 pages) on Landy's Dodge, a nice article on Gentleman Joe Shubeck, of dragster fame, a 5 page article on Big Daddy Don Garlits and his history with the Hemi engine,..and a 3 page article on this year's Bowling Green Hot Rod Reunion event,....all great articles with new info (to me anyway) along with a bunch of old race car stuff.
    ...just thot you magazine guys mite want to know. vintage motorsports mag.jpg

6. weldtoride

weldtoride

Anybody got a clue as to when the next one is going to appear on the stands?
    I just went to the publisher's site, the only web presence for this title I could find is a page where I can order the back (only) issue. I posted earlier, I have read it more thoroughly since then. I will definitely buy again....if it happens, that is.

7. Timbofor

Timbofor

I will check with or advert guy and see what he can find out. My guess would be mid summer.

8. Hard to find ,worth the read. 1st rate.

9. Great magazine, honored to have my girl on the cover!

Thanks Tim and Forged Crew!

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

11. Danekejt

Danekejt
    from Pa

is this a two times of year mag? looking forward to the new copy.

12. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Started a post yesterday on "what ever happened to FORGED magazine" no real results. Perhaps this will jog your memory. It is NOT the Australian mag with the same name. Bill Rinaldi

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. DEZEL INGEN

DEZEL INGEN

aware of how old this article is.. just now heard our 30 chief was in the first addition under colo. dirt drags. any chance one of you folks have the 1st mag. youd let go of.. thanks gary

14. Jalopy Joker likes this.
  15. They only printed one issue. I looked for a second but that never happened. It’s been five years and nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. DEZEL INGEN

DEZEL INGEN

morn n, yes i believe thats the one

17. DEZEL INGEN

DEZEL INGEN

explains why i have yet to find info. thanks

18. ...it was great to see this mag come out, wish it was still in business, ...I'm really missing all the mags I used to get...need em more now than ever.

chryslerfan55 and Jalopy Joker like this.
  19. You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app