Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, 2016!!! May 13 and 14, Union S.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Canadian dollar sucks but gas is cheap, I'll be there.

:D

2. Just waiting for May Then off to Still in Motion LOOKING FORWARD TO IT

3. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Squeezing the sweat outta Lincoln's head on all my pennies in hopes of making down there. Hotel reservation made. Joe

4. scottmech

scottmech
    from GA

Can you get into the track any earlier than Fri at one if ur racing? I'll be staying at the track. Be nice to get in there Thurs or even Wed. Thanks.

5. The BeachBums will be there in our 52 Chevy for sure!!!
    FB_20160218_18_42_05_Saved_Picture.jpg FB_20160218_18_45_23_Saved_Picture.jpg

6. dusterdave173

dusterdave173

WOWZER JIM!! She be looking GOOOOD!!! Sorry we could not make your party--but..really looking forward to seeing you folks again this year--same deal..come on by grab some refreshments and sit awhile--We have some friends joining us that have NEVER been to a race track--Going to break them in right! Kim will have some "good eats" at our trailer too! Ye ha!! Can't wait!!

7. Thanks David! We are super excited!

8. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Dog_Patch and beachbum jim like this.
  9. Thanks Curtis, Im ready to start driving that way!!!

10. Putting the finishing touches on this F100. WP_20160224_002.jpg FB_20160218_18_42_35_Saved_Picture.jpg

11. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

12. We will be there Joe!!!

13. Ready for the cruise to Steel in Motion! 11000100_429667497215799_7533128141478443993_n.jpg

Dog_Patch, SCtattooer and oldsjoe like this.
  14. beachbum jim likes this.
  15. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Attention: Change to the Mini Bikes
    Unfortunately we are going to have to stop all Mini Bike riding and racing. This is a dissappointment because it has been a big part of Steel In Motion but it is a decision that is in best interest for the participants safety.
    We will have a Mini Bike show and award!!! Please bring out those cool vintage Mini Bikes and display them in the Mini Bike and Bicycle corral located near the music stage.

• Open to vintage style mini-bikes.
    • No chopper styled mini-bikes.
    • Free mini-bike registration with registered vehicle, otherwise you must pay to register.

3dnsouth and beachbum jim like this.
  16. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

So are bobbers still allowed to be ridden in show area. I am talking about full sized motorcycles, not mini's.

17. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Motorcycles can be ridden to get to your area of parking but not as transportation to ride the show grounds to view the cars, swap meet and such.

18. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Ok thanks. May just bring the A rather than both

19. Glad to here, they started out cool but have really became a real pain in the ass over the last few years. Man we are looking forward to another great time.

20. With any luck I'll be driving the 442 wagon- 4 doors, 4speed, 2 spare tires. Not holding my breath though
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1457354392.425765.jpg

21. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Nice to have goals. Cool new ride.

beachbum jim likes this.
  22. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

I understand that Johnny Jenner is bring his flaming roadsters to show this year. I talked to his partner he is putting finishing touches on his rearend. He hires the best people to work on his body. If can not weld you pay someone to weld for you.

23. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

BIG NEWS!!!
    We are opening the track for participants on Friday from 4 pm to 6:30 pm. We will use the Christmas Tree on Friday and you can get timing slips.

Dog_Patch, tylercrawford and 3dnsouth like this.
  24. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Can't wait! Joe

25. It looks like I'm not gonna make it this year/ HRP

beachbum jim likes this.
  26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well damn! Sorry to hear that Danny, but best not to be short sighted and abuse the repairs now and suffer for it from now on! listen to what Dr says!

beachbum jim likes this.
  27. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Danny, If there is anything I can do to help you out (parking next to the fence and close to a restroom), please let me know. We will do our best to make it work for you if you can make it. Hope you get well soon my friend.

28. Sorry to hear this Danny, if you decide to come we will be right against the fence about mid way between starting line and finish. You are more than welcome to hang with the Nuts!!! Get well soon!!!

29. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

This years artwork for the t-shirts, posters, decals and koozies. Thanks to Ger Peters!
    [​IMG]

Dog_Patch and beachbum jim like this.