Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom Pedal Cars?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by mr.wolf, Jan 1, 2008.

1. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

My sons 1955 Garton Kidillac pedal car on air.

tb33anda3rd and daddio211 like this.
  2. 7314haywood

7314haywood
    from phoenix

Do you have any info on this pedal car. I also have one but its a different year. Thanks

hans mercman and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  3. 7314haywood

7314haywood
    from phoenix

On your website you show a car listed as possible Barris custom. I have one not as complete as the one pictured. Do you have any more info. Also I have a 64 Cadillac with a few more pieces to it. Thanks Jeff

4. b-bop

b-bop

Picked this one up at the swap meet at GG Pleasanton. Needed a little bit of work, nothing major. She is ready to roll this coming weekend. 20150913_205759_resized.jpg 20150913_205736_resized.jpg

Ron Funkhouser and daddio211 like this.
  5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

You could pull that fire hose thing off the back, make a bottom, flip it over and have a rumble seat with storage.

daddio211 likes this.
  6. Vern01

Vern01

IMG_2806.JPG Not quite a pedal car, the body was originally purchased with that in mid for my grandson, but spun considerably out of control when my father in law passed and left us a couple of adult mobility scooters

7. 117harv

117harv

I wasn't going to post this, but since this thread is still open and it kind of fits as it has a hot rod vibe.......

This is a late 042.JPG 044.JPG 017.JPG 051.JPG 30's vintage item, a friend wanted me to give it a hot rod look. Original top dyed black, original aluminum body nailed to wood frame. Had some bumpers bent to my specks and polished as well as some stainless fins. A friend did the paint and another did the pin striping, a guy down the street from me did the upholstery in his garage.

8. b-bop

b-bop

Looks "traditional" enough for me. Great looking ride for a new family addition.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  9. I think this little 37 Ford may be the first HOT RODDED pedal car. I found it in a dump on a farm looking for 32 Chevy parts. I gave $5 dollars for it, this was 1981. That's my wife and daughter in the photo. We took it to the NSRA nats in 82. I used it for my two kids and grand kids. My brother used it for his five kids too. That little car really got around. been in several of the mags. I had never seen one before it. Also we made a lot of good memories with it. Thanks RON... 102.jpg 091.jpg

10. Here are some. Someday I'll finish them?

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      207.4 KB
      Views:
    • 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      File size:
      244.6 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      244 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      215.5 KB
      Views:
    • 034.JPG
      034.JPG
      File size:
      191.9 KB
      Views:
  11. Original 1935 Chevrolet I restored. All graphics are painted.:cool: check the Chevy insignias on the caps! Lights work as well.
    Stuff 018.JPG Stuff 019.JPG Stuff 030.JPG Stuff 031.JPG

TFoch, i.rant, daddio211 and 3 others like this.
  12. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Took one of my 1971-72 Mustang JR bodies and modified it to have Ram Air hood scoops like the GT and Boss Mustangs.The blue on top is original like they made it in 1971and the yellow is the modified version. The school bus yellow gel coat will be replaced by Red and black paint to match a full size
    beforeand after.jpg

13. Eh-Bone

Eh-Bone

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here's one I built by hand for my boy ... Finally got it done last summer for him and couldn't get him out of it...His rod has taken up residence on the main floor of the house. He eats in it, hauls his cat around in it, and watches shows in it like he's at the drive-in! This last summer he was super excited to take it to the yearly BBQ with me and all the rest of the kool cars! So glad I took the time and did it for him. Lets see if I can share some pics..? New to this Hamb thing so here we go...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Uribe, redzula, TFoch and 5 others like this.
  14. b-bop

b-bop

This is my latest build for grandson #2 20160221_122117.jpg

15. This is me, and my first car. I have posted this photo somewhere else before But not here. That's my little brother with his wagon. Also here's a photo of my grandson Eli and his little service station. I just found this thread, and thought these photos fit here. THANKS RON... 20160113_142731.jpg 20160113_140752.jpg 20160113_140806.jpg

16. 20151205_092206.jpg 20151205_092231.jpg Not up to par as others on the thread but my Grandson likes never the less.

17. ACO.OG

ACO.OG

Some really nice cars in this thread!

I just picked up this car yesterday. I currently have it mocked up, ran out of time to work on it today. I hope to have the frame done tomorrow! Once I have it all done I'll be painting it.
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

18. Kool! I like where your going with this. keep us posted. Thanks... Also here's 090.jpg some in my front yard lol

ct1932ford and tb33anda3rd like this.
  19. For the Casey Jones find. Sorry couldn't find one, so I will take a photo and post it later . here's 084.jpg one I restored for my daughter. RON...

ct1932ford likes this.
  20. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Holy crap Ron! You're like the Moriarity of the pedal car world. I've got about 40 pedalcars,but it looks like my collection pales in comparison! AWESOME!

21. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Would love to have that Rat Fink Mask/head for when someone is driving my Mustang. 002s.jpg

22. ACO.OG

ACO.OG

Thanks! That's a ton of pedal cars! Wow!

I did some more work on mine. Just about done. I'm going to mount that lokar shifter on. I'll be picking up a rubber shift knob that'll mount on there. Also had to get a pic of my boy, he freaking loves this thing.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

23. chris' 38

chris' 38

image.png Check these out. A pedal car collection and scrap yard

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  24. I thought it may be a good time for a neat pedal car story. The best part of our Rods, Toys, or pedal cars is the nice people we meet and memories we make. I got hooked on these little cars years ago, when not many people were interested in them. I would run adds in magazines and news papers for them. One day I got this phone call. The older gentleman on the phone ask if I'm the one who collects Kids pedal cars. I said that would be me. He told me he still had his that he got as a child in 1934. The first thing I asked was how could you ever sell something you had that long. He laughed and said he out grew it. He told me that it was in the rafters of a barn on his family estate. The only problem with it , as a kid he repainted it many times with a brush and barn paint. long story short, I got a very nice and complete 1934 Chrysler Steel craft pedal car. I met a fine gentleman. And Its one of my favorites. Does someone have a cool story? Please post it and Thanks 007.jpg 008.jpg Ron... 003.jpg

25. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

OK Ron, Here's one of mine and it's backstory..
    Every Thursday morning a bunch of us old timers meet for breakfast and conversation. My buddy Willie brought along his brother in law Joe. Joe found out I collected old juvenile toys and told me he had a wagon with headlights that he got for Christmas in 1934 when he was two. Kept it all these years.
    He casually asked me if he could hire me to put new tires on it since the old ones had mostly rotted away. I said "Sure, I can do that for you"
    He brought it by the shop a few days later and left it there for new tires. He was really checking out my collection. When he came to pick it up he asked "What do I owe you? " Nutthin" I said... Its an honor to be able to work on a beautiful old Globe Aeroflite . You don't owe me a thing". Joe took it, shook my hand and left.
    About a week later he returned with the wagon..... "I'd like you to have it . I know that you'll restore it real nice, and lots of people will see it here at your place."
    Great Wagon, Great Guy, Great Story... Doesn't get any better than that. globe.jpg

26. Thanks for the story. I had a good friend asked if I had a old pedal car he could buy and restore for one of his grand kids. I said no, but I give you one. I given a lot away, and had a lot given to me also. He stopped by one day with it, I thought just to show me his work. He is a very talented body and paint man. He said that he's giving it back to me. I asked why, he said his daughter didn't have room for it. Its funny how some of us love collecting them. And others think they are dust collectors. This gentleman is a good friend and what makes this hobby so much fun. I let my Grandkids play with them, because that's what they were built for .And so easy to fix if broken. Ron...

27. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I've got a story for damn near everyone of mine, and if you don't mind I'll bore you with two more.
    I worked for a lot of years in the amusement industry ( Fancy name for carnival) I was hanging out with a buddy from Spokane who bought and sold rides. We drove by his yard, and there was an old trailer sitting way out back with faded graphics. " Whatcha keep in that trailer?" Just a bunch of old ride parts he said. "Can I look?"
    He opened it up and there were ten of these old Murray 3 wheelers along with some old bumper cars. I bought and traded till I got all 10 and a bumper car. The pedal cars were part of a ride from the old Ray Barbour Shows. Ray was a big operator back in the 50's. Ray personally built this kiddie ride with the pedalcars. My buddy later located a picture of the ride and sent it to me :
    Scan0001.jpg

Here's one of the 10 Murray three wheelers restored:
    Good Humor2.jpg
    I even got to later meet Ray Barbour himself.... Oh, the stories I could tell...

BTW, Here's the bumpercar I got in the same deal...after restoration.
    rockwall.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  28. there is no good reason to keep this around.............except DSCF4925.JPG DSCF4926.JPG i think it is cool.

ct1932ford and Ron Funkhouser like this.